Friday, 21 September 2012

Craft a scene - Trees

This is the first time I have entered the challenge at Craft a scene, which this month is "trees". I was lucky enough to spot a half price sale at Crafters Companion last week and got these Sheena Douglass silhouette stamps, they arrived today, so probably the quickest I have put ink to new stamps. I did have to visit Sheena's gallery for some inspiration and so this card is inspired by one featured there.
Although it looks more blue, I actually used lilac inks for this card, but I don't seem to be able to capture that, even using a craft light, maybe I will try another photo in real daylight tomorrow. It was going to be for the purple passion challenge at Allsorts, but I didn't make it in time.
I cut out the frame using two nesties and then inked through them before removing the dies. I stamped the same tree on the background of the card but this time using memento london fog to create some depth.

12 comments:

Sally H said...

Gorgeous card, Lynn! Nice trees!

Mieke said...

Great card!!

Cheryl said...

oh just love this hun gosh what a super effect and such beautiful stamps,great dimension hugs Cherylxxxxxxx

NancyD said...

This is a wonderful card! I love the technique of layering the main image and having those two other trees in the background. Thanks for joining this month at Craft a Scene. NancyD

brenda said...

Morning Lynn,

This is a super card, such an imaginative and effective design.

It's so nice to see you at Craft a Scene challenge this month, many thanks for joining in.

And apologies for being so late getting here, but you know the reason why.

Hope you have a good Sunday.

B x

Julia Dunnit said...

Brilliant use of the different ink colour for the depth Lynn, clever you. Really fab card.

Lisa Jane said...

oh this is absolutely gorgeous ..what a fabulous design and scene .I love the frame around the tree
Lisa x

Anna-Karin said...

Lovely card! Great framing and inking and the grey trees in the background add such nice depth. Thank you for sharing with us at Craft a Scene!

Scrap Affair said...

Gorgeous card, Lynn! What a fabulous design and scene.
I love the frame around the tree and color you chose for the card.
Thanks for joining this month at Craft a Scene. Nadia

Faith A said...

Really beautiful scene Linby.

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

A gorgeous card Linby, I love the way you've framed the tree. It's funny how some colours look totally
different when photographed.

Sue x

Brenda said...

Fabulous design and such a serene and beautiful scene.