Monday, 17 September 2012

Feline Friends

 I got a pack of these sweet flower shaped cards the other week and thought I would try and use one. I am so pleased the way it turned out. I started with an image from Debbi Moore cd rom Paper delights, flutterby. I cut it out with a fluted nestie and then lightly inked the edges. I then stamped a Papermainia image and cut out and embossed using a round nestie. I then lightly brushed the card on the edges with a dew drop blue ink pad, letting it go through the apertures to produce this effect inside. I repeated the little flourish stamp inside and out as it fitted so well in the space. I'd like to enter this card into CD Sunday challenge which this week is Feline Friends and Charisma Cardz challenge - shaped cards.
It reminded me whilst printing the cd rom element. I forgot to take the supersmooth paper out of the printer when I printed the boarding cards for Paris. So OH got his printed on supersmooth but mine was on copier paper. When we boarded the plan the air stewardess remarked on the silkiness of the paper!

15 comments:

Ellie said...

Gorgeous card! Love that flower shape!!

Nikbee said...

A fabulous card. I love the shape.
Nikki x

Laine said...

Fabulous shaped card and such a sweet image.
Thank you so much for joining us at Charisma Cardz this week.
Good luck with the Challenge.
Hugs
Laine
X

McCrafty's Cards said...

Gorgeous card I like the shape and the sweet image,Thanks for joining in with us at CD Sunday this week,
Kevin xx CD Sunday GDT

Cat's sCrap said...

Elegant card. Fine and delicate work. Beautiful image. Simple and clean style as I like ! Bravo !

Thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz this week and good luck !

Hugs from France.
Catherine.

Beryl said...

Great use of this unusual shaped card and a super sweet kitty to boot.Thank you for joining in the CD Sunday challenge this week.
Beryl xx
CD Sunday DT

Shirley said...

What a lovely card and that little kitty is so cute.

Christine said...

Gorgeous card and a lovely shape. The image is super and I love how you coloured round the shape.
Thanks for joining us at CD Sunday this week.
Christine x
CD Sunday DT

Bubbles said...

Gorgeous card, love the shape! Thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz.
Joanne x

sue-b said...

Well this is different, a beautiful shaped card Linby, Love how you have dressed it and a sweet image too. Thank you for joining us at CD Sunday this week .
sue-b xx
CD Sunday DT

Cazro said...

A gorgeous shaped card, so different.Isn't the cat and adorable image? Thanks for sharing with us at CD Sunday Challenges. Caz

Jocelyn said...

Love the different shaped card you have used and the cute little image.
Jocelyn x
CD Sunday DT

Mistys Mum said...

Gorgeous card just love that card shape

Carol said...

A lovely card and so different.
Thank you for joining in with us at Cd Sunday.
Carol x
CD Sunday DT

starcyl said...

Lovely shaped card and a pretty image.
Thanks for joining us at CD Sunday this week.
Jenny x
CD Sunday DT