Sunday, 2 September 2012

LIM week 83 - brown and pink

I saw the challenge on Less is More was pink and brown yesterday morning, shortly before going away until this evening. So as soon as I got back I got to work. I've used one of the Spellbinder die sets "cherry blossom", using snippets for the blossoms from SU card and the branch is cut from TH Kraft-Core cordinations that I bought today. I lightly sanded it to give some texture. I've used an embossing folder inked with TH spun sugar for the background panel, with the SU sentiment stamped in TH Victorian velvet.
We were so close to Inspirations in Preston that I got to call in today on the way home. I just wished I lived nearer what a wonderful shop. Needless to say some goodies including a few half price PB stamps fell in my basket.
The card also qualifies for my snippet make this week over on Pixies Crafty Workshop challenge #36.

18 comments:

Merry said...

Simply beautiful Linby....

brenda said...

I absolutely love it Lynn, I looked at that blossom die and couldn't decide if I needed it, now I know I definitely do !

B x

Ann said...

Very sweet and pretty - I don't use embossing very much but it looks lovely here. I may give it a go this week - thanks for the inspiration Lynn.

Di said...

Just perfect!! Hugs, Di xx

Chrissie said...

Another great one Linby.
You really have produced some fab cards recently.
Thanks so much
Chrissie
Less is More

Sandra (Stamping For Pleasure) said...

Super! Must dash . . . off to nail another plank in the tree house.
xxx

Gay Peplow said...

Gorgeous card, I love all the different pinks, Brill, Gay x

Suzilou said...

Such a pretty card, love the branch and little flowers, and I do love that sentiment :)

Margie said...

Gorgeous cherry blossom branch - it looks great with the embossed background.

Loli. eltallerdelosrecuerdos@gmail.com said...

Hola Linn, i hope you're better in health:D
Gorgeous gorgeous your branch, so sweet and i love the colours, remind me the fields of cherry trees in Spain in the valley of JERTE, is spectacular to see the trees in full bloom.
next time we can eat my chocolate under your cherry tree :D:D:D:D:D:D.
A hug from Palma and take care.

Monica said...

Super, super card, you are on a roll. I love cherry blossoms...
Monica xxx

Suze Bain said...

Your card really popped out at me - I love the blossom, a lovely card. xx

Mandi said...

Really lovely Lynn
Sorry I've not asked before, but, hop you are feeling better now
Thanks very much
mandi
LIM

Mrs A. said...

This is so peaceful looking. Brilliant choice for the challenge. Mind if I take a book to read from your bookshelf. Promise I will put it straight back.Hugds Mrs A.

Maribel said...

Very, very beautiful.

Rosemary said...

very pretty card, lynn!!

Jane said...

Very pretty card, I love that embossing folder.

Bernie said...

This is so pretty Lynn! That die adn that folder are on my want list. This makes me want them even more.
Hugs
Bernie