Saturday, 29 September 2012

LIM week 87 - love and marriage

 The challenge on Less is More this week is love and marriage. I don't really like doing wedding cards, probably because I don't do very many and so not as experienced in them as other cards. I won't show my first effort which I realised half way through was not LIM!
For this card I stamped in versamark the cake image onto labels 28 and used Stardust meltpowder from MCS to emboss the image. I then coloured the hearts and flowers with promarkers. I curled a congratulations acyrlic stamp to fit over the cake and embossed it in silver dollar. I then used two other label 28 dies to make the frame and ink whilst still in the frame in SU ballet blue. Finshed with a piece of sheer blue ribbon.
This morning I popped out to get these from Sticky Tiger Craft Supplies they have an offer at the moment five stamps for £5 and this is my choice. It is only up the road so I chose to collect and save on P&P. 2.5 hours after arriving to pick these up I left, sorry Nicola, I didn't realise the time! It was lovely to meet her and chat, such a nice lady and very keen on customer service. So have a look at her website for your crafting goodies.

21 comments:

Mieke said...

Beautiful card!

Sue said...

Very pretty x

Monica said...

So elegant. Love the image and ribbon.

Monica

brenda said...

The framed image looks very effective Lynn and has a really clean crisp feel to it.

B x

Loli said...

Hola Lynn, what gorgeous card, i love the colour and the ribbon is beautiful!i love your card!!! well done.
A hug from Palma and have anice week

Bea said...

lovely card - how nice to use the touch of blue too

Violets Corner said...

This is so pretty, love the beautiful bow!

Warm hugs
Maarit

Lynne said...

Lovely card Lynn, really pretty.
Lynne xxx

Katina said...

Gorgeous card Lynn!
xx

Brenda said...

Elegant card! It is really beautiful. Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Susan said...

This may not be your favorite type of card, but it sure is a beauty! I LOVE the soft ribbon you added....and the cake is a beautiful image!

Rosemary said...

beautiful card, lynn! love those die cuts and that lovely embossed cake!

Anita said...

Very pretty card! Lovely wedding cake :) Thank you for your nice comment on my card!
Anita

Vicky Hayes said...

I like the way you framed your pretty wedding cake Linby. Time goes quickly when you're having fun - I go out with a group of friends once a month or so and we always have to be thrown out of the restaurant because we forget the time! Vicky x

Faith A said...

Beautiful card Linby, don't stop making wedding cards :) you "do" them very well.

Mandi said...

Just lovely
Love the shape of the aperture
Thank you very much
mandi
LIM

Jan Ltc said...

Fabulous card xx Jan

Nicola said...

Popped by to say hi and see how you did on your challenge. It's great!

It was lovely meeting you on Saturday and hope to see you once The Craft Room is fully finished. x

Aileen said...

So pretty, love the ribbon. x

Chrissie said...

What a pretty card!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
Less is More

Inkyfingers said...

I love how you have framed the cake on this pretty card Lynn. I like the look of the plaster stamp too!