Sunday, 2 September 2012

Early Christmas Makes at Penny Black & More

Our challenge at Penny Black & More @ Allsorts this month is Early Christmas Makes.  For my DT card I have used Penny Black stamp DK3908K "Favourite Time". I paper pieced her outfit to match the background papers, and it was tricky due to the size of the image - but I managed it LOL! I inked the edges of the papers and used a faux stitch stamp along the edges of the stripes. I've used a memory box die "frostyville border" and punched snowflakes sprinkled with diamond dazzles to complete the card. The sentiment is from a Paula Pascale set.

I do hope you can join us this month, you will get a head start on your cards, and my teamies have made some beautiful inspirational work to help you.
I'd like to enter this card into the challenges at Ladybug Crafts Ink TLT - paper piecing and  Cute Card Thursday - a stitch in time.

12 comments:

Cheryl said...

oh super card Hun just love how you have used,the twine,and love the image,and papers hugs Cherylx

Shirley said...

Super card Lynn. lovely precise paper piecing and Ilove the frosty border.

Shirley

FauxPainter - Dee Paramour said...

What a gorgeous card. I may just have to pinch this idea, love it lots

Ellie said...

So beautiful! I love this stamp! And your design is fabulous. The border you used is stunning!

Katina said...

Oh, gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous!! Fabulous girlie Christmas card Lin.
xx

brenda said...

Good morning Lynn,

Sorry to be so late getting here, story of my life this week, I fall, but heebie-jeebies, you name it !

Your Christmas card is totally delightful, you pay so much attention to all the detail.

Hope you have a good week I'm feeling much better.

B x

Clare *Littlebear* said...

Hi Lynn, this is a super card.
Hugs, Clare x

Leikkaan Mervi said...

Hi Lynn,
so girlei and gorgeous, love the beautiful diecuts!
Have a happy week;-))m

linda said...

hi lynn, this is sooo pretty! i can't image doing all that paper piecing - you've done such a lovely job and i love the snowy border.
linda

Tracy said...

Hi lynn,
Looks like she's a lucky girl, she's got a head start on the christmas shopping!!!!
Gorgeous creation, love the die cuts.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Julie said...

Such a great card, I could just do with that die, it's gorgeous! Thanks for joining the Ladybugs this time, Julie.x

DesignerDiva said...

Super Christmas make Linby, I adore all your snowflakes
Thanks for joining in with the Ladybugs Paper Piecing and I hope you will join us again soon
Hugs Laurie x