Monday, 3 September 2012

Still resisting!

If you saw my post the other day you will know I am into the wax resist method in a big way right now. This card base was the piece I put on the other side of the wax paper when I made this card. This time I have gone over the wax resist with TH pumice stone, antique linen and old paper. I stamped directly onto the card and then masked the rest of the card and sprayed the corset with C& C iridescent spray and sparkle. I punched a few butterflies and then sprayed them too. Below is a close up of the corset, but I just can't capture the true effect.

I'd like to enter this card into Paperplay challenges - thanks or appreciation and Digi doodle shop's best challenge - vintage. Digi doodle is unfortunately closing their shop and challenges - they have all their digis for $1 till the end of September.

5 comments:

Gay Peplow said...

Hi there, what a brilliant result I love both the background and the corset too, smashing. I can see I'm going to have to give this go :0) TFS Gay x
p.s sorry about the chocolate stimulation LOL x

Ann said...

Well it really makes a fabulous background paper - what a great technique. You've certainly mastered it here.

Monica said...

How subtle and elegant is this card, Linby... the corset must look even prettier in real life. Thanks for visit and kind words...
Love,
Monica

brenda said...

Hi there Lynn,

Looks to me as if you've nailed that technique, this one is very very effective.

I've got an idea you have an appointment this week, hope it goes OK.

B x

lalkygirl said...

fab card linby ,great use of the corset and a gorgeous background
thanks for joining us at digi doodle shop and good luck
tracey x