Tuesday, 16 October 2012

Christmas in purple and white

 I took this photo on the Winter Wonderland challenge as my starting point. Using the colours as my inspiration.
I love purple so this was a good excuse to play, however, this is now the last of my purple mirri card boo hoo! Only some tiny scraps left now. I cut a mat with spellbinders resplendent rectangles in white card and embossed in purple the baubles and sentiment from Gourmet rubber stamps. I then used one of the smaller rectangles and cut it in half to mat with purple either side (trying to conserve the mirri card!). The ribbon is IRL almost a match for the mirri card but it doesn't look like it in the photo.
I'd like to enter the card into these challenges:-

Winter Wonderland challenge - photo inspiration
Ooh La La challenge - Christmas sentiment
Creative Craft challenges2 - 3 of something - baubles.


I actually made this card first and went all out using a big piece of the mirri card, but the embossing wasn't really to my liking.
 I then decided to create this using one of the spellbinders marvellous squares dies and the same sentiment.

11 comments:

Katina said...

Beautiful Christmas cards Lin! Love the designs and the purple is gorgeous - works really well for Christmas cards.
xx

Lisa Jane said...

wow fab baubles and they look stunning in the purple... a great take on our inspiration pic at Winter Wonderland
Lisa x

Sally H said...

Stunning Baubles, Lynn! Purple and very sparkly - so you xxx

Crafty Chris said...

beautiful cards Lynn luv the colours.
Chris x

downrightcrafty said...

such a delicate and beautiful card a gorgeous take on the photo, thank you for joining us at the Winter Wonderland
Hugs Kate xx

Jane Willis said...

Gorgeous cards Lin

Jane

Debbie said...

Gorgeous Christmas card. Thank you for joining us at Winter Wonderland this week.
Debbie x

Crafty Tazzy said...

Love it Hunny My Fave colour too ... Thank you for joining in with Creative Craft Challenges2 -Theme 3 - Good Luck Annette (cccdt) xxx

Leikkaan Mervi said...

Gorgeous cards, love the colours;-))m

coldwaters2 said...

Wow they all look beautiful, the image and that sentiment are truly wonderful the colours are awesome, thank you for joining us at OLLCB
hugs
lorraine x

Daniele said...

what a lovely card, love the purple and white so glad you joined us at Ooh La La
hugs