Sunday, 14 October 2012

LIM week 89 - wings and Liverpool!

 It's one layer week at The Less is More Challenge this week. I decided to use my cosmic shimmer spray inks and pan pastels. The second card I actually made first but it didn't turn out quite as I expected. I masked the card leaving a circular shape and sponged pan pastels through. Then I stamped the Gina K stamp in TH tumbled glass. For the other card I cut a spellbinder butterfly die from scrap and spray mounted it over the SU butterfly stamped in TH Victorian velvet, I then masked off the rest of the card and sprayed first with blue cosmic shimmer and then gold. SU sentiment to finish.

Edited to say - Here it is with a sentiment added - slight mishap with the ink but I think it passes for movement under the wings of the bird!

 We went to see Dirty Dancing the musical at the Liverpool Empire on Friday night and stayed over, taking the Magical Mystery Bus tour yesterday - the tour was so interesting I would really recommend it. I never got to do many touristy things when I have been to Liverpool before as I was always there on business so it was nice to do some different things. I learnt all about Strawberry Fields!

I realised when I was publishing this that there is a connection with Wings and Liverpool as of course Paul McCartney's band was called "Wings"!!!

13 comments:

Jane Willis said...

Gorgeous cards! The butterfly one is the sort of effect I was trying to get with reverse masking, but mine was a dismal failure, Unlike yours!

Loli said...

Hola Linn great cards the first one is fantastic, a great background and great idea your masking idea...i think i need to go to Liverpool my next trip to England.
A hug from Palma and have a nice week

Crafty Chris said...

Your brilliant at LIM gorgeous cards.
Chris x

Vicky Hayes said...

Yes I thought this post was going to be all about Sir Paul Linby but it looks as if you had a great time being a tourist in Liverpool. Love the arty background on the first card and I really like the swallow image in the second. Vicky x

Chrissie said...

Lovely cards yet again Linby!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Lisa Jane said...

oh lol.. now going on a trip that links to a challenge that is genius !!
Love that top card ... the effects are so pretty
Lisa x

Nikbee said...

Fabulous cards. I love the butterfly card.
Nikki x

Cathy (aka CrafteeCC) said...

Lovely cards! thanks for sharing a little bit about your trip to Liverpool - I love seeing bits and pieces from where I was born. One day, I will get back to see it in real life ;-)

Merry said...

Wonderful cards...I do like the butterfly inside the butterfly..clever. Great tour photos too. TFS

Rosemary said...

lovely cards, lynn... the first one is my favorite, though! sounds like you had a wonderful time in liverpool!

Sally H said...

stunning cards. I am so pleased you had a good break too x

Anne said...

Fabulous masking, love both your cards. And how clever to link it to Wings the band!
Anne
x

Mandi said...

Fabulous cards Lynn, as ever
Love the last one
Thank you very much
mandi
LIM