Sunday, 28 October 2012

LIM week 91 - sketch 7

There's nothing like being a late adopter to something is there. I resisted pan pastels for so long and now I keep using them at every opportunity, this card being a case in point. I cut three squares and used a different shade of pan pastel on each. I then mounted them onto the card and stamped the image over the top with a versamark pad and rubbed over with a blue pan pastel. Then I added the PTI sentiment and little bird from Itty Bitty by SU using the same technique.
I love this image and first saw it being used by Merry and it took me some time to track it down but I got it from the USA along with some others in the series. However, I never really knew what I wanted to use it for until this card, so another stamp gets to finally see ink!
The card is for the Less is More challenge which this week is the sketch below.


I've had a busy week. I went to see a preview of a film called "The Sapphires" on Tuesday. If you get a chance to see it, then go, it is a great film, my friend and I really enjoyed it. It's about a group of aborginal girls who form a group and go to entertain soldiers in Vietnam, based on a true story it certainly opened my eyes to things I didn't realised happened.
I also have been on a baking spree inspired by the Great British Bake Off. These are custard creams from the book by the winner last year Jo Wheatley. I didn't have a square cutter so I made mine using what I had. A little bit like a shortbread and quite sweet, but they went down a storm at work.
Halloween cake bake sale next week at work - so watch this space!

12 comments:

Suzilou said...

Lovely card and really like that stamp. I am kind of intrigued by these pan pastels, may have to look into them :)

Gibmiss said...

Hello linby
Fabulous card .... I love the pan Pastels to ... So easy to use ... Better than DI's.....
Hugs Sylvie xxxx

Crafty Chris said...

gorgeous card Lynn just bought 2 of the pan pastels to try they do blend very well.
Chris x

Chrissie said...

Crafting and baking too... Such versatility Linby!
Both look great.
Thanks so much
Chrissie
Less is More

Sally H said...

Gorgeous card, Lynn - what a fab stamp and lovely muted colours. Your biscuits look fabulous. I am making some ninjabread people this afternoon!

Lizy said...

Such a lovely card and that stamp in very sweet :)
Lizy x

Katina said...

Great card Lin. I've resisted Pan Pastels so far but I love the way you've been able to stamp over them.

Mmmm, custard creams looks delicious!
x

Lynne said...

As always I`m 3 steps behind everyone else and haven`t tried Pan Pasels yet. Your card may just give me the push I need, it`s lovely.
Lynne xxx

GinaA said...

Great soft colours and love the image of the girl with the book.

Debbie Vidler said...

Beautiful soft card the pastels are so pretty
Gorgeous
Debbie
:)

MaryH said...

Beautiful card, great idea using the pan pastels. I have a few, have not used. You provided some great inspiration to try them out! TFSharing such a lovely card.

Rosemary said...

a beautiful and inspired card, lynn!! those cakes look just yummy, too!