Monday, 22 October 2012

Majestic mountains

I want to try and do more "scenery" cards, so I am endeavouring to enter the challenges on Craft a Scene who this month want to see "majestic mountains". Ok, you will have to use your imagination a bit on this one.  I used a torn piece of paper to create the mountains, but I think they be a little washed out compared with the rest of the card. I used pan pastels to colour the card base and then stamped the various elements. There is a also a dead animal on the card! Cleverly disguised now I hope - I only went and dropped the stamp and I thought, I am not doing it all again now!
Thanks for looking.

5 comments:

Sally H said...

So pleased you could join in! I love the colours - very spring like. Have you seen Kevin's videos for stampscapes? Brenda and I have both watched them this weekend and learned so much about using the stamps. You can find them here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=es-C8m_4Ja8&feature=plcp

MaggieC said...

We've all done that with a stamp at some time. Birds and butterflies are my saving graces - you can't have too many of those. I have also been know to print a separate sentiment to stick over the problem. The torn paper mountains work really well, giving a really jagged rock feel. I love the soft dreamy quality of your colouring, and the shape of the card works well with the clouds. Glad you joined us this month, a worthy entry. Hope to see you again soon. xx Maggie

brenda said...

Hi Lynn,

As Maggie said, we've all done it, why do you think there are so many birds on some of my cards ?

The colours you've used give a lovely feel of a misty morning with the stag coming out for its early feed.

Thanks so much for joining us this month at Craft a Scene challenge.

B x

Deanna said...

Beautiful and love the colors! Welcome to the world of Scenic stamping it is a lot of fun and very addicting. Just have tons of fun~hugs Deanna:)

NancyD said...

The torn paper method is my favorite! Nice job on the scene and I do see your mountains. Thank you for joining us this month at Craft a Scene. NancyD