Monday, 8 October 2012

The Dressmaker

When I saw the challenge on Crafty-emblies was The Dressmaker, of course I knew I would be entering. But which of my many, many images to use. I decided to use a die I got from Sue just before she emigrated. I've embossed the card base with the tape measure folder, then embossed some paper with the vintage buttons folder and used cosmic shimmer mister over it. I've used some stamps from the Creative Expressions sewing set. The cotton reels and sentiment are from a magazine download and were left over from a project some time ago. The hat box and shoe, dress and stand are all cut from my scrap box. So I would also like to enter this card into Pixies Playground challenge #41, I have to admit to bunking off for a couple of weeks as Miss was away and I never got round to entering, so hopefully all my playmates will let me back on the swings!
It was the OHs birthday today. We went to a Brazilian restaurant Tropeiro, they just keep coming round serving you meat from huge skewers, boy were we podged afterwards, but a great experience.

8 comments:

Chrissy said...

Thankyou Linby, for coming over to my blog and leaving such a lovely comment, I really appreciated that.
You have made a fabulous card too, love the tiny sewing machine and the dress form is wonderful..love the embossed tape measure background too.

Luv CHRISSYxx

brenda said...

Fabulous card Lynn, a wonderful fusion of all things fashion.

B x

Sandra (Stamping For Pleasure) said...

Sew many snippets, sew little time!

Lovely card Linby.

xxx

Lisa Jane said...

oh its fab..the little bobbin DP is perfect with all the little dressmaking elements
Lisa x

Faith A said...

Catching up AGAIN :)
Love love your cards, love the embossing cards and this lovely sewing card, put together beautifully.

Di said...

Oh, I love this, it's fabulous!! Di xx

Angela said...

This is fab! Great selection of embellishments and I love the embossing on the card base.

Thanks for taking part in the Crafty-Emblies challenge with us.Ax

Cheryl said...

oh just love this hun its,brilliant
bless you for playing at crafty-emblies this month hugs Cherylxxxxxx