Friday, 19 October 2012

Vintage buttons

The challenge on DYSU this week is vintage. I thought I would do a slightly different take on it by using this vintage button embossing folder and putting the digi  button heart from Cardmadfairy with it. I printed two copies and punched out  parts of the heart out with two different sized circle punches and decoupaged these onto the original image, adding glossy accents to those parts only. I then rubbed some gleams over some of the buttons. I cut around the digi image using my Silhouette so it has a nice crisp feel to it. I also used a vintage handwriting embossing folder to emboss the base of the card.
I'd also like to enter this card into the challenge at Sir Stampalot who want to see punches used.

I went to the dentist today and had my first filling since 1992! I was a bit scared as that is not the filling I have memories of.  I once had a filling in the 1980s where the injection didn't work, so the dentist gave me another one, which still didn't numb me. So he said it was all my own fault as I was too nervous for the injection to have taken effect, and he was going to drill anyway! Boy did I squeeze the dental assistant's hand. It was sooooo painful. I was younger then, if anyone said that to me today I would have told them where they could go LOL! I have a different dentist now and he apologised on behalf of his profession which was nice, and no it didn't hurt a bit today.

7 comments:

brenda said...

Dentistry certainly have changed for the better over the years Lynn, but old memories always linger. Well done and having so little done so long, if only.

A lovely vintage feel to your card.

B x

Pauline said...

Absolutelty beautiful! I love this embossed vintage button card!
Thanks for joining us at DYSU this week!

Stephanie said...

Gorgeous card, very vintage feel, love those buttons! I'm petrified of Dentists - your experience sounds horrific, you poor thing! x

pinky said...

Great use of your punch, love the card. Thanks for joining us at Stampalot this month.
Pinky

WencheP said...

Love the button heart. Thanks for joining us at Do You Stack Up.

-Wenche

Sally H said...

Fabulous design - I love your button heart, Lynn! We will have to share dentist stories one day, my friend. Pleased it wasn't too painful on this occasion. Thanks for joining in our Punch away challenge at Sir Stampalot this month and good luck!

Barb said...

Beautiful! I love the embossing and that button image is fab! Great design. Thanks for joining us at DYSU this week!