Sunday, 18 November 2012

Any die will do - mid month inspiration

Morning everyone, we have had a bit of a frost here overnight but it looks a bright day so far.
Our challenge at Penny Black & More this month is for "Any die will do" and we are providing a little mid month inspiration for you. This is my card made using PB "Hello Gorgeous" stamp set, I stamped one of the images and them paper pieced her outfit and bag. I didn't have to paper piece the shoes as they come like that! still fiddly to cut around. I mounted them up onto buttons the button dies that come with the TH mannequin die I've used. I made the skirt from strips of washi tape - my first real go at using this and I can now understand why everyone raves about it, so easy to use. I topped the mannequin with the necklace stamp from the "hello gorgeous" set too.
Thanks for looking and I do hope you can join in the challenge as there are as always some fab prizes to be won. Even if you have entered you can do so again, just remember you can use any stamp as long as it is the focal point, but no digis allowed. We also have our monthly chance to join as GD for a month.

I'd also like to enter this card into the challenge at Paperplay, who want to see paper piecing.

5 comments:

brenda said...

Beautifully crisp and elegant Lynn, love the harlequin background and the touches of colour.

Have a good Sunday and hope you're feeling better today.

B x

Sally H said...

Very classy! Love the shoes!

Tracy said...

What a striking creation Lynn, it's fabulous, love it!
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Leikkaan Mervi said...

Hi Lynn, beautiful creation so stylish;-))m

Merry said...

Beautiful card...great use of the black and white and then the pop of the red.