Tuesday, 27 November 2012

Inspired by nature

Look familiar? Yes poppies again from me and for the second day butterflies. You know how it is when you just get stuck on a theme!
The challenge on CD Sunday this week is "inspired by nature". So I have used MCS cd rom Quintessential Country Garden. First I chose a background paper from the cdrom and then imposed the poppies, flourishes, tiny butterflies and wording onto it using MCS software. I just love calligraphy, so was attracted to the "butterflies" wording. The sentiment I did myself using an oriental font. I then cut a few butterflies with spellbinder dies, added some sparkle to their wings and tiny bits of bling, added some sparkle to the letter "B" too. I inked the base card around the edges and applied some to the edge of the paper and the poppies to make them stand out more.
I'm off out soon. Not for a night on the town but for an MRI scan, at can you believe it 8.40pm! (if you work in a hospital you probably can!). I don't feel like I can settle to anything - just hope I don't fall asleep in the scanner!

16 comments:

Sheetal Ahlawat said...

What a lovely card Lynn. Love the flourishes and the sparkly B. Good luck with the scan. I hope everything goes well.
I think it will be better to take a break from cardmaking. When I was on it, I used to feel constant back ache which I blamed on post pregnancy stress. But as I am away from crafts since so many months, the back ache is completely gone. May be your eyes need rest? Don't be mad at me :) I have totally thrown out my craft things in a deep dark corner and now I am advising you the same:) But health comes first. Hope you get well soon.
p.s. The changed look of the blog is very refreshing in this depressing weather :)

Christine said...

WOW Linby, this is GORGEOUS.
I love how you have combined the elements using MCS and this particular CD is becoming one of my favourites. The butterflies are fab and I love the font on your Happy Birthday.
Guess you will know by now - I LOVE IT.
Thanks for joining us at CD Sunday this week.
Hope all goes well with your scan.

Christine xx
CD Sunday DT

Lisa Jane said...

oh wow this is gorgeous Lynn... i love the shabby chicness of it .. and the poppies of course
Lisa x

Mieke said...

Beautiful!

Paper Profusion said...

Gorgeous card. Hope all well with scan - look after yourself. Nicola x

Gvendalen said...

Very beautiful! Helena x

Beryl said...

This is lovely Linby. Perfect for this week's challenge at CD Sunday. Thank you for joining us.
Beryl xx
CD Sunday DT

Jocelyn said...

Very pretty. I love the colours you have chosen.
Jocelyn x
CD Sunday DT

sue-b said...

I love this Linby, beautiful background paper and love how you have used the poppies, it really doesn't need much to be added to that beautiful paper, you have the balance just right. Thank you for joining us at CD Sunday this week.
sue-b xx
CD Sunday DT

Carol said...

A truly beautiful card Linby. All I can do is echo all the other comments.
Thank you for joining in with us at CD Sunday.
Carol x
CD Sunday DT

Margarets designer cards said...

Beautiful card,
Margaret

Merry said...

This is such a pretty card...love the colours you have used and those poppies look so wonderful.

Purple Crazy said...

Great card, such a delicate creation, thanks for sharing at CD Sunday, Wendy x

Ellie said...

Absolutely beautiful Lynn. Such stunning details and I love the bits of sparkles on the B.

cotnob said...

This is so pretty, such beautiful soft pastel colours.
Thank you for joining us at CD Sunday this week.
Pauline
x

Cazro said...

I hope all went well with your MRI. A stunning card, I love the soft subtle colours. Thanks for sharing with us at CD Sunday Challenges. Caz