Saturday, 17 November 2012

LIM week 94 - hardware

The challenge on Less is More this week is "hardware". I have got quite a few metal charms and I had those out as I never remember to use them, but in the end these snowflake brads won. I also remembered these tiles that I bought many years ago and haven't used hardly any of them. 
For the first card I used the CC embossing border for the snowflakes and added a Paula Pascale sentiment. 


This was actually my first card but it didn't turn out quite how I hoped. I used two different snowflakes from a Creative Inspirations stamp set called snowflakes and music. I stamped the first directly onto the card. Then stamped the second one using some meltdust, cut around and secured with the brad.

You might notice I have changed my blog. The header is of some poppies in my garden which I took a few years ago.

I went to hospital for balance tests on Tuesday, you can read about the experience in an earlier post. Unfortunately I am not feeling at all well today. I tried to go out earlier on foot and had to come back as the whole experience was not a good one. I do hope I am not back to square one again with my balance.


10 comments:

Kathyk said...

Lovely cards

Kathyk

Katina said...

Hi Lin, I really like both of these fab CAS cards. Lovely work.

Your new blog looks great - much easier to read. I really hope you're back to full health soon. Take care
xxx

Di said...

Aw honey, just been reading about your hospital visit - not nice and no wonder it knocked you sideways!

Love this card - but most of all I hope things settle back down ASAP for you.

Hugs, Di xx

Chrissie said...

I'm really sorry to read that you're not feeling on top form Lynn, your tests sounded dreadful, I really hope that the eye exercise regime they have given you works!
These look great, I love the embossed snowflakes on the first one.
Thanks so much and feel better soon.
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Rosemary said...

lovely winter cards, lynn! sorry the testing was so hard on you... hope you are feeling better!

♥ Mys ♥ said...

Hi,
Both cards are beautiful:)
Hope you feel better soon!
Found you trough LIM.
*Hugs, Inger*

Aileen said...

Thise snowflake brads are very sweet. x

Sue said...

Two pretty fab CAS cards.

Susan said...

Lynn, two great cards...I really love the first one with that cute little snowman! So sorry to hear you've been ill! I totally sympathize! I've had an upper respiratory infection for over 2 weeks now!!

Jen said...

those brads are gorgeous

Thanks for joining us
Jen
Less Is More