Monday, 12 November 2012

Poppies and plaid

There will be poppy cards for a few more days yet! This time I used the memory box die and yes yet again the Gina K pad of papers. I stamped this jar onto some of her plaid paper from the collection. I added the word "poppies" to the tag in my own handwriting - none of the other sentiments fitted, but instead I stamped them down the edge of the card. I'm really pleased with how this one turned out, such a cheery card.
I'd like to enter it into Kaboodle Doodles challenge - use plaid and One Stop Craft Challenge - anything goes.
Just to say that the giant cupcake I showed yesterday was greeted by lots of oohs and aahs and when are we cutting it, when I arrived with it at work this morning. Demolished in a matter of minutes!

12 comments:

Lisa Jane said...

oh this is fab.. i love the die cut
Lisa x

Paper Profusion said...

Hi Linby, your card is gorgeous. The kraft / red combo is fab. The die cut is beautiful. Nicola x

Paper Profusion said...

Hi Linby, your card is gorgeous. The kraft / red combo is fab. The die cut is beautiful. Nicola x

Nikbee said...

A fantastic card. I love the poppies.
Nikki x

Cheryl said...

What a beautiful card! Thanks for playing along with us at Kaboodle Doodles this week.

Jules said...

Hi Linby

A great card.

Love the colours and the look the pattern on the flowers and jar gives.

Thanks for playing along with my little quiz over the weekend.

Sorry you didn't win :-(

Love Jules xx

brenda said...

Absolutely stunning Lynn, you know how much I love poppies but I really like the crisp lines and how beautifully coordinated the DP's are.

I think you've inspired me to get that die out, I bought it months ago and it's not been out the packing yet, I know shame on me.

B x

Vicky Hayes said...

What a brilliant way to use that jar Linby - I love it! Vicky x
PS Had to go and look at the giant cupcake and it's brilliant!

Kathleen (Kath) B. Hernandez said...

Wonderful jar of poppies! Love the red and white color on your card! Thanks for joining us at Kaboodle Doodles’ “Plaid” Challenge!

Kath - Admin
Blog: Creo by Lady Katutz
http://creobyladykatutz.blogspot.com/

Fran said...

Gorgeous card, thankyou for joining us over at Kaboodle Doodles xx

Ime said...

great card!!! love the die you used. thanks for joining us at kaboodle doodles

Merry said...

This is so beautiful....love that poppy die you have used.