Thursday, 15 November 2012

To die for

I'm still working my way through the poppy images I stamped and printed last week. This card combines poppy images from a MCS cd rom Quintessential Country Garden and a Acrylic poppy stamp heat embossed with black sparkle wow powder. I then added some extra red lines to the stamped poppies with a promarker. I cut the image out using part of a Grand Nestie labels 23.  I've used Spellbinder Asian accents along the edge, in the corners and for the sentiment label.

I'd like to enter this card into these challenges:-

Crafty cardmakers -more than one punch and /or die cut
Craft room challenge - punches and die cuts
Addicted to stamps and more - red and white
Papertake Weekly -flower power

I went to the hospital on Tuesday for some balance tests. Although they warned me I would need someone with me I was not prepared for the experience. It started off ok, being strapped into a chair with some heavy goggles - felt a bit like Joe 90 - if you remember him. I had to follow lights with my eyes and not move my head. But then they tipped me back and put water through one ear at a time to bring on dizziness. I felt so awful, and all the time I had to shout out names working my way through the alphabet which was apparently to prevent my brain from shutting down! A normal response is that the eye would move 10 times a second but mine moved 119/120 times a second. I felt so sick afterwards and had to take yesterday off work too. All this has now shown that my eye is jerking slightly and I can be given exercises to correct it - so I am not imagining it - good!  and roll on the next appointment for the exercises. I was too ill to try any on Tuesday.

16 comments:

Sue said...

Am loving looking at all your poppy cards as they are one of my favourite flowers! You could also enter this at Addicted to Stamps & More which is red and white this week. Hope you feel better soon. Hugs, Sue x

Crafty Chris said...

That sounds like a terrible experience at the hospital, your card is gorgeous red and white are beautiful together, luv the poppies and the diecuts.
Chris x

Marie said...

What a lovely looking card. Stunning design, wonderful image. Great use of the die cuts and punches. Thanks for playing with us over at CCM this time.
Love n hugs
Marie (Mi)

Paper Profusion said...

Gorgeous card Linda - those poppies are beutifully done. Test sounds like an horrendous experience - hope excercises work for you quickly. Nicola x

Sally H said...

Hope you are feeling better now - sounds awful! Your card is beautiful - what gorgeous papers!

Ellie said...

It's beautiful Lynn! Loving the use of dies and the gorgeous poppies!
Hope you're having a wonderful day!

Chan BBChan said...

What A great card you have made and the wonderful design.

Thanks you for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers this week.

Hugs
Betty

brenda said...

Both test sound awful Lynn, I do hope you're feeling a bit better today.

Another gorgeous poppy card, I go back to this Hero one time and again, I think we perhaps used it at a class you came to?

Hope you have a lovely weekend.

B x

Leikkaan Mervi said...

Hi Lynn!

Fabulous card!Beautiful poppies!
Thanks for sharing at Craft-Room Punches and Die-cuts Challenge, good luck;-))m

Kylie said...

Wonderful poppies and I love your design and the use of dies. Thanks so much for playing along at ATSM! xx

Danielle Vincent said...

I'm so sorry your experience at the hospital was like that. I hope you get the answers you need to be better!!

Love those beautiful red poppies - a gorgeous card. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Addicted to Stamps and More! this week.

florenceandfreddie said...

Hi Linby. I remember Joe 90 so I now have this pictue of you in my mind. It must have been terrible for you. Hope you are feeling better now and that the exercises will help in the future. Fabulous card. Love the poppies. Thank you for joining in the ATS&M Red and White challenge this week. Take care.
Florence x

Debi said...

love the layers of poppies, thanks for sharing with us at craft room challenge, debi x

Jacqueline said...

Love your poppy card - perfect for our challenge this week at ATS&M - thanks so much for joining in - hope you feel better soon that sounds like a horrendous experience - Jacqueline xx

Jacqueline said...

Love your poppy card - perfect for our challenge this week at ATS&M - thanks so much for joining in - hope you feel better soon that sounds like a horrendous experience - Jacqueline xx

Anonymous said...

This web site is really a walk-through for all of the info you wanted about this and didn’t know who to ask. Glimpse here, and you’ll definitely discover it.


[url=http://cheapnfljerseys168.fast-page.org/]Cheap NFL Jerseys[/url]



[url=http://jordansoutletgc.inube.com/]jordans for cheap[/url]