Saturday, 1 December 2012

LIM week 96 - colour - red and green

The challenge on Less is More this week is a colour one of red and green. I am sure most people especially at this time of year will do a Christmas card, but the colours red and green say to me "poppies". I know I really have gone to town with poppies over recent weeks, but I bought this Clarity poppy stamp and it never saw light of day until now, so I wanted to use it before I forgot about it again. I have paired it with an Inkylicious stamp from a poppy set they do. I stamped by colouring the stem with a promarker in "grass", then I used Brilliance "pearlesence poppy" stamp pad for the poppy itself. I then mixed some Forever red mica powder and green mica powder and painted the image.

Also - it's so cold brrrr........

16 comments:

Jane Willis said...

Poppies again - what a surprise LOL. Gorgeous card and lovely to seee a change from Christmas cards

Chrissie said...

This is gorgeous Lynn ad a great change from Christmas submissions!
What a fab image too!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Irene said...

A beautiful and stunning card. So delicate and gorgeous.
irene
xxxx

Jenny said...

Well done for steering clear of the Christmas theme... I still have many to make!! Love the delicate poppy, all that white space frames it perfectly :0)
Jenny x

Loli said...

Hola Lynn, thank you for yours comments last weeks, is nice to see you.
What perfect CAS card Lynn and very original idea red and green, gorgeous delicate design.Well done.
A warm hug from Palma

Rosemary said...

beautiful card, lynne... love the "dreamy" look to the poppy!

Lynne said...

Well done you on not falling for inevitable Christmas card.
This is fabulous Lynn. Very `Monet-esque` lol.
Lynne xxx

Brigitte said...

Beautiful and really cas - card!!! I like it.

Brigitte

Aileen said...

Beautiful. x

Fiona said...

Clever you to think outside the box, I love this stamp and the way you've used it.

Jen said...

HI Linby.... nice seeing a non christmas card and i love that stamp

Thanks for joining us this week

Jen xx
"Less Is More"

mypapercraftworld said...

Beautiful, delicate, soft and gentle ... just lovely! Anita in France :)

Sientje said...

Your card is beautiful to. Love the poppy.

Vicky Hayes said...

This is gorgeous Linby! I love the way you've captured the delicate translucent quality of the poppy petals.

Thanks for your good wishes - I'm getting better all the time! Vicky x

Linda said...

This is beautiful, and a lovely change from Christmas cards. xx

GinaA said...

A reminder of balmy days and warm nights. Beautiful image and card.