Sunday, 20 January 2013

Flower power

I got a new camera and found that the way I used to decrease the file size of my photos with paint won't work anymore, apparently it is a glitch. I tried used photoshop but it was too long winded. Well today I actually sat down and read the instructions for the camera and discovered it has its own programme on a cd for me to install. Amazing what you find when you read things isn't it! So I have been busily reducing the file size of previous card photos only to find that when I look at them again I have been too zealous and they are pixelated. So I have just had to retake this one.
Anyway, here is a poppy memory box die, using some snippets for the heads. I used a pre embossed card base and inked over adding an SU sentiment.
I'd like to enter it into Allsorts challenge this week which is for Flower power and into the playground at Pixie's Crafty workshop #56. Sorry I didn't use the memory box dies I won from the playground - they are on the to do list!

14 comments:

Mieke said...

Whow, this card is stunning!

Di said...

Gorgeous card Lynn! I do love that die and your use of snippets. Take your time over the new MB dies - just enjoy them when the time is right :)

Hugs, Di xx

Bubbles said...

Beautiful - I especially like the choice of patterned paper for the flowers - gorgeous!
Sat here laughing about reading the instructions... I always seem to complain to Hubby about things not working properly - and he ALWAYS refers me back to the instructions to sort me out. When I ask him to read he instructions for me (I am so NOT technical at all!) he always tells me that "Men don't read instructions". Seems that us women don't either :)

Katina said...

Beautiful!! Love the way you've inked the embossing to match the papers you've used for the poppies.
xx

catherine said...

A really lovely card and thanks for joining in with our challenge over at Allsorts this week
x catherine

Sally H said...

Oh wow, Lynn! That is gorgeous!

Kathleen said...

This is so beautiful, I just love the way you have inked the dies and love the poppies.

Kath x

Crafty Chris x said...

Beautiful Lynn great choice of colour, luv it.
Chris x

Beryl said...

It's beautiful. I love the colours you've used and the gorgeous delicate die cut flower.
Beryl xx

Sandra (Stamping For Pleasure) said...

SOOOO pretty.

xxx

Jules said...

Oooooo Linby

This is gorgeous.

Love all the flowers and your embossing/distressing!

I hope all is good with you.

Love Jules xx

Merry said...

This is beautiful Linby....so love that embossing.

Amanda said...

Gorgeous card, love the subtlety of it. Well done on reading the instructions or destructions as they are known here. Hugs, Amanda x

Irene said...

A gorgeous card Linby, I love the subtle colours and embossing.
luv
irene
xxxx