Tuesday, 29 January 2013

Girly paper piecing

I've had this Kanban set of stamps for a while now, and these stamps haven't yet been used. I thought this dress suited paper piecing and so that is what I did, using a paper I printed from my Repro Depot cdrom book again. I used a paper for this card in the same pattern but different colour way, I had printed two, as originally I was going to use both papers on that card. Instead I have paper pieced and then cut out using the new nesties opulent ovals. The main oval is a cut from a piece of paper I used shimmer inks and a mask on sometime ago and it has been waiting for the right card to come along! The sentiment stamp is from a PB set called "wishes".
I'd like to enter the card into these challenges:-
Simon Says stamp - paper piecing
Creative Craft challenges2 - bling it up
Oldie But a goodie- glitz and glam
Creative Card Crew - girly
Ladybug Crafts Ink TLT-girly/female
Moving along with the times - bling it on

15 comments:

Kerry said...

I love paper piecing Lynn and you're right...the dress is perfect. The paper is super pretty...very girly. Thanks so much for joining in our Girly Challenge at LCI this fortnight xx

Sally H said...

gorgeously girly, Lynn! Fabulous!

Riette said...

Paper piecing is my favorite technique and I LOVE how you used the same on the die cuts. The layering is fantastic. What beautiful paper that is!
Thank you for joining us at MAWTT and Good luck!
Hugz
Red (DT)

Sue said...

This is gorgeous! what a fab image and I love the paper piecing! the corner details are really pretty!
Thanks for joining us at MAWTT and good luck in the challenge!
Big hugs
Sue xx

Di said...

Just fabulous - I love paper piecing and this is it at its best! Hugs, Di xx

Lin said...

Cute example of paper-piecing, Linby! Thanks for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp challenge this week!

Sheena said...

Beautifully done! The dress is perfect for paper-piecing!

Thank you for joining the challenge at the Creative Card Crew!

Sheena
xxx

Gay Peplow said...

Hi Linby, fabby card, lovely detail, thank you for welcoming me back, it's great to visit you again and be making cards again xx

Hazel (Didos) said...

Oh this is lovely,what a pretty dress, love the paper piecing. Thanks for playing on MAWTT this week, Hazelxo

Denise @ kc242 said...

What a cute card. Love all of the details. Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at the Creative Card Crew.
Denise

Ellie said...

So beautiful!! I love that dress, the paper was perfect to use with it.
Happy weekend!!

Debs said...

Super pretty card. Love the paper pieced dress.
Thanks for playing along with us at OBAG this time.
Good luck.
Debs xx

Beverley said...

Gorgeous card. I love the image. Thanks for joining in our "Bling It Up" challenge at Creative Craft.
Hugs
Bev x

Julie said...

How pretty! Thanks for joining us at Creative Craft Challenge
Hugs,
Julie T

Rusty said...

Oooh how pretty, love the paper pieced dress, in such pretty papers too!! Such a pretty card, thankyou for joining us at Ladybug Crafts Ink x