Saturday, 5 January 2013

Inspired by .............


My card has been inspired by this large "book" box that I store my DVDs to be watched in. I've been looking at it for a while now, of course it has the hydrangea on it that I replicate in my stamp purchases and so that led me to think I could make a card based on it. This is the result. The hydrangea this time is from SU, the little fancy squares of paper at the corners are the very last snippets of this paper - sigh! circ 2003.
I'd like to enter this card into Pixie's Craft snippets #53 - running to the gates with minutes to spare!
Papertake Weekly - anything goes
Kaboodle Doodles - anything goes


11 comments:

Lisa Jane said...

ooh i love hydrangea and this is so pretty
Lisa x

Sandra (Stamping For Pleasure) said...

Very pretty card and nicely embellished. Inspiration is everywhere isn't it?

Happy New Year to you.

Hugs
Sarn xxx

Di said...

Beautiful Linby! Love that you got the inspiration from the file - ha, and Sarn raced into the Playground behind you :)

Hugs, Di xx

brenda said...

Lush colour palette Lynn and such an unusual shape - we draw our inspirations from the strangest places sometimes, me included.

Have a lovely weekend.

B x

Cheryl said...

oh gosh this is just gorgeous Hun so love the colours you have used,and,adore the shape hugs Cherylxxxx

Sally H said...

Gorgeous! I love hydrangeas and you captured the colours beautifully!

Twiglet said...

I love hydrangea colours. Happy New year Linby! x Jo

Ime said...

great card! thanks for joining us at kaboodle doodles

Julia Dunnit said...

Really pretty, love it when ou can gain isnpirwtion from something else so nice...makes buying the things so worthwhile!

Elizabeth said...

Lovely card - that hydrangea stamp is gorgeous. It's surprising where we can get our inspiration from - and that box is pretty. I've been sighing and sobbing today too because I've just used up the very last of a favourite patterned paper - it's too sad when that happens. Elizabeth xx

Jill said...

gorgeous card thanks for joining us at PTW hugs Jill xx