Tuesday, 15 January 2013

Winter scene

The challenge on Craft a Scene this month is a "snowy cottage". I thought straight away of this digi from delicious doodles that I have used before. I hadn't realised previously that digis could be used on this challenge - doh!
I used MCS to give the scene a "blue" tint, colour the post box red and the wreath on the door green. Added lots of diamond sparkles for the snow and cut out using a resplendent rectangle, lightly inking the edges with TH tumbled glass, then using the same die set I cut a border and inked the edges of that, threading through some airmail twine. The sentiment was part of a set of free Christmas stamps.
Sorry to have brought you back to Christmas again! but this scene really said Christmas to me.
I also made the card with the challenge on Allsorts in mind, I notice now that it says dies and punches and I have only used a die, so not sure if it is eligible, ignore if it isn't ladies.

11 comments:

Jane Willis said...

Oh, it's lovely. I must get that digi for next Christmas as I have a group of comping friends among whom we all send postbox themed Christmas cards, this would be prefect for next year

catherine said...

lovely card and thanks for joining in with our challenge over at Allsorts this week
x catherine

brenda said...

Terri's image looks really good framed like that Lynn and the soft blues gives a really wintery feel.

Thanks so much joining us at Craft a Scene challenge this month.

B x

brenda said...

Ooops, and Allsorts this week.

B x

MaggieC said...

It works so well having the image in just the blue tint, but adding the red for the postbox to highlight that. I see you have used MCS, like me, such a useful program to have. That is what I used to transfer that postbox to the other Delicious Doodles image that I worked with. Thank you for joining us this week at Craft A Scene. xx Maggie

Dora said...

beautiful card with this image!! the frame looks also nice on the card.
thank you for joining at craft a scene this month. greetings

Deanna said...

This is so elegant and love the broken glass color around the scene~Gorgeous~Hugs Deanna

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

This is beautiful Linby, I love the softness of the image, and the selicate colouring around the edge.

Sue x

Sally H said...

A gorgeous, gorgeous scene Lynn! Your colouring is perfect, and you used those dies beautifully
Thanks so much for joining us at Craft a Scene this month x

NancyD said...

Great use of the Delicious Doodles image. Thanks for joining us this month at Craft a Scene. NancyD

Anna-Karin said...

This is gorgeous! The glitter adds a really wonderful touch. Thank you for sharing with us on Craft a Scene!