Tuesday, 19 February 2013

May your birthday........

I've got some preprinted cards that I have had for a while, so I decided to try and use them. The main stamp is from Marianne, I then masked around the image and sprayed it with cosmic shimmer in pink. The sentiment is from PTI. Quite pleased with how it turned out.

I was at the hospital yesterday and have been discharged regarding my balance. The audiologist was pleased with the progress I have made doing the eye exercises. But to take it further I can do them whilst looking at a busy background, she suggested I buy some wrapping paper. I did wonder whether to tell her I have hundreds of sheets of paper at home to chose from, but thought she may not understand! So I chose the busiest piece of 12x12 I could find and it's now being utilised.

I'd like to enter the card into the challenge for birthday cards over at Creative Card Crew.

10 comments:

Ellen said...

I can see why you are pleased! I love the pink spray on the dress form. Lovely card!

Jenn Bedient said...

Lovely card! So pretty with the pink.

Thanks so much for joining in Creative Card Crew this week! Hope you have a fabulous day!

- Jenn

Jane Willis said...

Crafting as medicine - what a brilliant idea! Maybe they ought to provide crafct supplies on prescription, just think how much it would save the NHS in the long run. Love the card, and just think, the more you make the better you'll get.

Juls said...

this is gorgeous! I love sewing images, and I love the soft colours you have used here.

Hugs Juls

brenda said...

Properly a wise move as far as the stash of DP's go Lynn, you need to own them to understand the strokeability (I know it's not a real word but sounds good).

The way you have used the mannequin against the background is very effective. Like you I've got lots of preprinted cards and never quite know what to do with them.

B x

Sally H said...

It is a really beautiful card, Lynn. Glad to hear the doctor has discharged you x

Dwie lewe rączki said...

Beautiful card. Thanks for playing along at Creative Card Crew

Katina said...

BEAUTIFUL!! Love this Lin - so feminine!

Lol, your comment about the paper made me laugh - I think we'd all be locked up if our paper obsessions became public knowledge!
xx

Ang and Crys said...

Such a sweet card. I love the fancy font on that sentiment!
Thanks for playing at Creative Card Crew!
~ Crystal

Jan Ltc said...

Great card, thanks for joining us at CCC xx Jan