Sunday, 3 March 2013

One for the boys at Penny Black & More this month

Our challenge at Penny Black & More @ Allsorts this month is "One for the boys". I admit I like the girly cards but this was fun to go out of my comfort zone. I used the bus from PB Love London 30-093 and masked off the "London" from the bus and inserted my own greeting. I also punched the cat running for bus out with a circle punch and popped him up on foam pads outside of the main image.
I tried another new technique for me which was to cut out the nestie shapes from each mount,  rather than mount  up  the nestie shapes themselves (hope that makes sense).  I also created two embossed backgrounds with a SU wheel and used sliver and gold powers to heat emboss. The TH die cut clock cut into two and Hunkydory embellishments complete the card.
I do hope you can join us this month and do go and look at all the fabulous inspiration my fellow teamies have supplied.

8 comments:

Juls said...

This looks fab!! Hugs Juls

Leikkaan Mervi said...

Fabulous card, lovely grunge and cute combo! Love the cat running after the bus;-))m

brenda said...

A really clever idea to mask out the bus to add your own sentiment Lynn and along with the embellishments makes a great masculine card.

Have a good Sunday.

B x

Sally H said...

What a great card, Lynn! I love it!

Jules said...

Hi Linby

Love how you have added your own sentiment on the side of the bus!

Love this image very much.

Hope all is good with you and that you have had a good weekend.

Love Jules xx

Tracy said...

Hi Lynn
Fabulous creation, great design.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Ellie said...

This is fabulous. Love the colors you used, and all the fun clock details!

linda said...

i love that bus full of cute critters and all the elements you've added - very creative.