LIM week 124 - hexagons

The challenge on Less is More this week is Hexagons and before you all cry out that I have used an octagon, yes I have, but the background is hexagons! I used a stencil I bought whilst in the USA earlier this year to create the background with pan pastels. The bee is from Lavinia stamps and the sentiment is from Fiskars. I stamped the bee again using second generation ink next to the sentiment, and used a TH picket fence distress marker to go over it to give it more of a translucent effect, another tip picked up from Ali Reeve. I've finished it with two pieces of twine, I just knew I had to have these coloured twines when I saw them, I resisted and resisted, but gave in and so glad I did as they are proving very useful.
My second card is using the same stencil and stamp but this time I used TH distress inks direct to the card base. The sentiment stamp was a freebie with a mag a few months ago.

Comments

Merry said…
Two fantastic cards...love those little honeybees and the first card looks like real honeycomb.
Gorgeous cards Linby!

Love
Maarit
Kathyk said…
Ooh which one to choose? Nope, can't - both FAB!

Kathyk
Beanie said…
Loving your cards!
Sally H said…
Both are so beautiful, Lynn! Love how you used the mask, and your bees are fab. I just saw a few like that in the garden this afternoon. Plenty of bumble bees, but not many honey bees around
Angelnorth said…
Both great but I love the slightly random stencilling on the second one especially - fab stuff!
Rosemary said…
fantastic set of cards, lynn... I really like the way you created your backgrounds!
Jen Nelson said…
great sentiment

Thanks for joining us this week
Jen x
"Less Is More"
Juls said…
This is fabulous!!! Love the sentiment hugs Juls