Sunday, 25 August 2013

On the Beach @CD Sunday

This is my last week as GDT for CD Sunday challenge - I've really enjoyed it, but back to the other side for me from next week!
Caz has chosen the theme this week which is "On the Beach". A perfect excuse for me to break out one of my newest and unused cdroms "Summer of 59" from Kraftyhands.  I took a scalloped card blank and using TH salty ocean and tumbled glass inks created what I hope looks like sea at the bottom of the card. All the other elements are from the cdrom. I added a little ribbon which I bought ages ago, it is a double stitched ribbon and I thought it looked 50ish to add to the card. Finally I put three drops of white opal liquid pearls in the sea.
Can't wait to see what you all create this week.

9 comments:

Jocelyn said...

Hi Lin another lovely card from you this week and with a CD I've not seen - think I will have to watch out for that one as I really like the image and bp you have used. Thank you for being our GD this month you have made some fab cards for us.
Jocelyn x

Merry said...

Such a great shaped card.

Lisa Jane said...

oh this is brilliant Lyn - love the postage stamp edge and the image and papers are just perfect together . Am loving the little beach huts
Lisa x

Doreen said...

This is gorgeous,fabulous design and colours.xxx

Jane Willis said...

Lovely card, zingy with summeriness (is that a word? It is now!). I've not heard of this CD before, great to see something new

Nikbee said...

A pretty card. Such a great summer feel.
Nikki x

brenda said...

Like the new look blog header Lynn, nice card as well, I think she's somewhere very tropical.

B x

Beryl said...

Great card Linby. Spot on with the ribbon. I had a dress like that in the 50's although the spots were a tad larger than those on the ribbon.
Beryl xx

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

I love this card Linby, the backing paper with all those little beach huts is wonderful as is the topper. I love waht you've done at the bottom of the card too, with the Distress Inks.

Sue T x