LIM week 186 sketch









I bought some silkie paints from Imagination crafts this week or rather their stockist BJ Crafts, as you could only get the pots from them. I saw them on C&C and was intrigued by brayering with them as the ones I have already got are in very fine vials with a brush and so have limited use.
This is my first go with them and I'm rather pleased at the outcome. I used glossy coated card and brayed the colours over, then used some Hobbyart stamps to make the scene. I then used a die to cut out the image. The sentiment is from Anna Griffin.
This is a close up as the light is not the best for taking photos.


We went out for a meal last night and my friend who also crafts did exactly the same as me when the coffee arrived with a rather nice doily - we both snaffled them. The men had unfortunately already spilt coffee on theirs! Today we've been to see the film Lucy which was great, my only criticism would be it isn't long enough.
I'm really busy with work at the moment, (I'm even having to give up part of my BH Monday) so I am sorry that I have not been commenting other than my DT duties. I'll be back to normal soon.

My card is of course for the Less is More challenge which this week is this sketch............




Comments

Jane Willis said…
Gorgeous - I love the silk paint background and it works perfectly with the stamping
The photos of the card are fabulous, shows off it's sheen beautifully. Love what you have done.
Chrissie said…
Great scene Linby, and this sketch is the perfect setting for it!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"
Lynne said…
Fab image and a great card Lynn.
Lynne xxx
Michelle said…
Pretty image and lovely shimmer. Great use of the sketch.
Thanks for sharing
Sazzle Dazzle said…
Fabulous card Linby. Love your image and colouring. It's exquisite and a great use of the sketch.
Thanks for taking part
Sarah
Less is more
Anne said…
Gorgeous brayering Linby!
Super take on the sketch
Thanks for joining in with Less is More this week
Anne
LIM Designer