LIM week 232 one layer masculine

The challenge this week on Less is More is for a one layer card which is masculine. I decided to use a gloss card blank and mask off leaving just a square in the centre of the card. I then took a stencil and dabbed vaseline through it to form a resist against the ink I then applied all over the square. I ran the whole thing through a Crafters companion embossing folder - the most masculine one I could find! and finally using a Clearly besotted "birthday" die cut out from the card, inking through to leave inside the word birthday.

Comments

Doreen said…
This is gorgeous,lovely design.xxx
Diane said…
What fun colors and design Linby.

Hugs Diane
Diane said…
What fun colors and design Linby.

Hugs Diane
Sazzle Dazzle said…
Elegant, fun and fabulous Linby, love the cut-out word die - that's one clever one layer idea and adds such dimension too.
Thanks so much for sharing and taking part.
Sarah xx
Less is More
Susan said…
How creative! I've never heard of vaseline as a resist...very clever! Great card!
Kathyk said…
This is just great, like how you sponged the inside through the die cut sentiment, to co-ordinate

Kathyk
Neets B said…
Great technique and I love the colours. What a fun way to continue the design onto the inside of your card.
Thanks for sharing with us.
Anita x
Less is More
Sid said…
Brilliant design ...... looking fantastic !
A WONDERFUL design and card, lovely colours too.

Thanks for the comments :) The embossing folder I used is Cuttlebug Happy Birthday. It's only an A6 size though. 4" x 5.25"

Also had a catch up on your cards, you are so clever and your cards are really beautiful. Really sorry I haven't the time to comment on each one.
Merry said…
Wonderful creation….I really like the idea of the die cut birthday putting that in my memory bank. :-)
Chrissie said…
This is great fun Linby!
Very innovative!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"
What a "cooool" idea ;)))
Greetings from Germany Elisabeth
Anne said…
Stunning card Linby and a new to me technique
Thank you for joining us for one layer week
Anne
Less is More