Sew Special

I've been on the lookout for a patchwork die for ages, but they keep selling out. So I decided to do my own version using one of the Joanna Sheen Patchwork dies. Oh dear, it took ages to cut all these pieces with one die! Then they didn't fit together exactly as I'd hoped, but I persevered to make this background for the Lavender the Quilter stamp which I paper pieced using the same papers as the background. Finally I used a Sue Wilson banner to stamp the sentiment onto.

I'm entering this card into the Sew special challenge at Stamping Sensations this month and because I used lots of snippets I'll pop into the snippets playground with it too.

BTW - I have a die on order - not going through this again!

Comments

scrappymo! said…
This looks great. You did a fab job on the patchwork...your hard work paid off!

I papercraft up at the lake with a group of quiters. They very nicely put up with my papercrafting. I am always on the lookout for sewing/quilting themed cards. Your looks perfect!
scrappymo! said…
This looks great. You did a fab job on the patchwork...your hard work paid off!

I papercraft up at the lake with a group of quiters. They very nicely put up with my papercrafting. I am always on the lookout for sewing/quilting themed cards. Your looks perfect!
brenda said…
I came to the same decision once Lynn after doing the same, time consuming is an understatement.

But on the positive side your card looks wonderful, specially in the colourway you used. And the image and sentiment all compliment perfectly and fir our theme a treat, Many thanks for joining in at Stamping Sensations challenge this month.

B x
Sarn said…
Necessity is the mother of invention so they say and I think you did a marvellous job with your single die! Gosh that must've taken a lot of patience. Great result though,

Hugs, Sarn xxx
Di said…
Oh but this is absolutely fabulous Lynn and so worth all your hard work! Wonderful background, love the image and all the paper piecing - my colours too of course!

Hugs

Di xx
Di said…
Psssst, I spotted your kind offer to be prefect sometime - noted and I'd give you loads of notice. Watch this space (or at least your emails) once I'm at the laptop a bit more!

Hugs

Di xx
Doreen said…
Just gorgeous,the image is fabulous.xxx
BEAUTIFULLY put together worth all the time and effort. (Did laugh about your die order)
Tracy said…
Thanks for joining Stamping Sensations with this great entry, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x
Lynne K said…
Fabulous background, Lynn, you certainly have some patience! Love the image and colours too. Thanks for sharing your gorgeous card with us at Stamping Sensations.

Lynne
Sally H said…
A gorgeous card,Lynn! great stitching and a wonderful background! Thanks so much for sharing it with us at Stamping Sensations for our Sew Special theme. Good luck!