Water droplets


I've got two cards today inspired by the challenge on Vintage Stamping this month which is splatters and drips - certainly a different theme than I think I have ever seen before!

As soon as I saw the challenge I immediately thought of my Ryn raindrop stamp which I love using - so any excuse to give it an inking. I first made a background using CE Colour cloud inks and then stamped a dragonfly from Crafters companion and sentiment. I coloured with Cosmic Shimmer drawing inks and aqua twinkles then stamped randonmly with the raindrops in Versamark lagoon ink. I added a wink of stella to the raindrops and then for good measure some aqua twinkles - such a shame I can't seem to capture it on camera.  But here is a close up


I then cut out the main image with a circle die and remounted over some background card. Stamping some more raindrops across the base card.

I have had this snippet of ribbed card in my box for ages and thought it was the perfect colour to complement the making of another card - this time I used some jewelled embossing powder and mica on the dragonfly, again this really shimmers and has a glassy effect in real life. I stamped the base card with a stamp from the SU set Hope (now retired).
I'm going to the snippets playground with these cards as all the layers of card were from the snippets box. My second visit this week - anyone would think I was trying to make prefect LOL!

Comments

Unknown said…
Love that stamp, your card is gorgeous & the colours fab x
Oh! WOW these are beautiful so is the sparkle.
Di said…
Just stunning!! I was only thinking earlier today how long it is since I used Ryn's stamps - she's so clever .. and so are you !!

Hugs

Di xx
brenda said…
I can see you are in a rather blue mood today Lynn, but it does go rather well with the raindrops which are perfect for our current theme, many thanks for joining us at FlonzCreft VSC's this month.

See you in the playground.

B x
Craftyfield said…
Beautiful rain drops, on my wish list for a while... Love your interpretation of the theme, thanks for playing with us at Vintage Stamping Challenges.