LIM #276 At Sea


I've had this stamp by Personal Impressions for a while and not got to use it. I thought it looked liked the pebbles you see under the sea when paddling, so that is why I've used it for the "At Sea" challenge at Less is More this week. 

It's also one layer week at LIM so I  stamped directly onto my card using TH pumice stone and old paper, and sepia versamark. Then with a little diluted aqua tint I went around and over some of the stamped image. Finally I used a Hobbyart sentiment stamped and embossed in black ink over the top of the image.

I'm also entering this card into the challenge at Shopping Our Stash which this week is Sounds of the Sea.

Comments

Barb said…
I love this Linby and what a great stamp. A lovely colour combo too. Have you seen the Shopping our Stash Challenge "Sounds of the Sea". I have no connection but think this would be perfect .... Barbxx
Sazzle Dazzle said…
What a striking and fun stamp to use for the 'at sea' challenge Linby and a wonderful sentiment too. Love it. Thanks for playing along at Less is More this week. Sarah
Esther said…
What a clever take on the theme - you're so right about the little pebbles around the shallows and it's a fab stamp for achieving that look. Nicely done!
Susan said…
Great use of your stamp! Thanks for sharing at Less is More!
scrappymo! said…
Looks great, Lynne.
I sure like the way you are photographiong your cards lately. The buttons look good with this!
Darnell said…
Sometimes these NBUS stamps just wait patiently for the right challenges, don't they, Linby? I think your coloring make your pebbles look so real!! Hugs, Darnell
Susan said…
How creative! I love the look of the pebbles...very pretty card!
Neets B said…
That is a fabulous stamp. Great choice for our challenge and I love the earthy tones with the blue.
Thanks for sharing with us.
Anita x
Less is More
Chrissie said…
This is a really great take on the challenge this week Linby... beautifully done too!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"
Chris Dring said…
Such a perfect sentiment, and love the pebbles! Gorgeous card! Thanks for joining us at Shopping Our Stash!
Merry said…
Lovely, and perfect sentiment too.