Friday, 26 May 2017

Working with digital papers tutorial by Lynn


Welcome to my first DT post for Swedish House Crafts - I'm so excited to be a part of this wonderful team with so many different talents for you to gain inspiration from.

For my card today I have used a digital paper as the main focus of the card. To see how I achieved this I have a short tutorial below.



I printed the digital paper onto Crafters Companion printable light card I used Gummiapan stitched rectangle dies to cut out my digital paper base and mounted onto a piece of Crafters Companion Desert Storm card.



I added the labels down the side of the card by stamping onto the printable card in Watering Can archival ink using part of the Gummiapan Text word stamp set. I then cut them out with the smallest stitched rectangle die and then using the corner of the die made a flag point.


I stamped onto the base card the "Happy Everything" in Watering can grey. I stamped the butterfly using TH fossilised amber and abandoned coral, then I used a paint brush with water to drag the colour over and around the stamp. I also cut three of the flowers from a piece of the digital paper I had made smaller and edged with a black felt pen.

Finally I added some white paper thread and three flowers.
Thanks so much for looking - you can see all the items I used below. If you click on the thumbnail you will go straight to the item in the shop.


2 comments:

SARN said...

Congrats on you DT spot with Swedish House Crafts. I LOVE their products - you got me started on them and I haven't stopped since!

Unfortunately, I don't "do" digital but I LOVE what you've done with this digi stuff.

Hugs, Sarn x

Daffodil Cards said...

OH! now you are speaking my language, but I'm useless in Word manipulation though, so found this quite helpful. LOL. Such pretty paper and love your card.
Faith
x
PS Congratulations on your DT post and your video, it is great AND clear too.