Fireworks at the Male Room challenge

When I saw the challenge at The Male Room was for Fireworks - I knew I wanted to use these Sheena Douglass stamps. I was away on holiday in Salcombe, Devon last week - so I am just under the wire to enter.

I've used the new Phill Martin inks in lush pink, purple paradise and tangy tangerine to create the background. Here's a close up of the embossed fireworks.

We had a beautiful view from our apartment.

We were literally next door to Overbecks a National Trust property where they have a micro climate - so many beautiful plants. Of course I had to take a photo of the poppies.

The statue garden

Banana Tree

We also went to Agatha Christie's holiday home Greenway. It was very crowded so I was taking photos as I went. I took this lovely photo of a typewriter only to find out later that it was never used by her, but by her husband! She apparently never wrote any books whilst there.
Finally a photograph I saw at Overbecks of the South Sands where we were staying and so I took my own and put them together. The only building in the original is the Lifeboat House - still there now housing a cafe. 

Comments

Luscious colours Linby, love the fireworks over the skyline, a lovely card from me with both my DT and my hat on. Thank you for joining in with us at The Male Room Firework challenge. Faith DT
PS Fab photos and what a great idea to add the old photo and the new. Glad you enjoyed yourself.
brenda said…
What a fabulous burst of colour Lynn and great stamping as well, a really super creation. Lovely Poppy.

Bx
Mac Mable said…
Such a stunning card. Absolutely love the vibrant colours and the pop of stamped fire works. The black is gorgeous with those amazing colours. Thank you for sharing your fabulous photos and hope you had a lovely time? x
I'm blown away by this card Lynn. The vibrant background colours are just awesome and a great backdrop for the fireworks and then the black silhouette buildings give the most perfect contrast. This is so inkily yummy and definitely one of my favourites, I love it! Crafty hugs, Sandra x
Only me again!!! I got so carried away with your card that I completely forgot to mention your fabulous hodiday photos, it looks so scenic and I bet you had such a lovely week, so many beautiful views. Sandra x :)
Mac Mable said…
Came back to say...Haven't seen the Phill Martin inks and was wondering if you could give me any more information on them as they look fabulous? I love vibrant colours and these sure are that x Thank you x
Karen Dunbrook said…
such a fun card!!
tfs,
Karen
Andreja said…
You made such a beautiful card :-)) I like your fireworks.
I am so glad you played along with us at The Male Room. Hugs, Andreja
Barb said…
A really striking card Lynn. The gorgeous rich colours look great with the silhouette buildings and I love the fireworks. It looks as if you had a lovely holiday. I enjoyed looking at your photos. Barbxx