July Rudolph Day


Here is my card for Rudolph Day over on Mo's blog. I've used a Tim Holtz die set that I was immediately drawn to and didn't buy for ages because of the price, but then I got it in a sale! This is the first use and I wasn't expecting quite how complicated it all is to put together. There are 23 dies and I had to count them back into the packet because some of them are so small I kept loosing them while making the card.

I decided to do a night time version which didn't help with working out what die did what - but I thought it was going to be quicker (think again!)


I cut the buildings and windows from CE shimmer card in midnight blue and bronze. I used patterned paper for the sky. Adding a little glamour dust on the snowflakes and mountain tops.
I added a sentiment die from Lawn fawn.

 There are so many possibilities for using this die set - both within the globe and without so you will probably be seeing these for some time to come.

Comments

Jane Willis said…
Absolutely gorgeous, well worth the trouble
Jane
Jenny L said…
Hi Linby,
what a very wonderful card, and that village night scene is gorgeous.
Love the wonderful sentiment die cut also.
Thank you for joining the Rudolf Challenge.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L. GD
A beautiful card Lynn and I can just imagine this scene with a battery operated candle behind it. Great work! Crafty hugs, Sandra x
Barb said…
I love your card Lynn. You've created a lovely scene and the colour combination looks great. Barbxx
scrappymo! said…
Fabulous! Loving this globe set of dies from Tim. The glimmery cobalt blue and the bronze are perfect here! The Lawn Fawn sentiment is so pretty too!

Thanks for playing along in the July Rudolph Days Challenge

Nancy said…
Oooh...I love this one, Lynn! It's fabulous! :o)
Kathleen said…
Really lovely card and a fabuluous die, like the way you have done the background shape.

Kath x
So Worth the work Lynne, it's a Beautiful card.
Faith
x
Sue - said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
sally said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.