Sunshine on a rainy day



If you live in the UK I am sure you will be familiar with this occurrence - Sunshine on a rainy day. I was just having a go at creating a rainbow background with aqua pens and glycerine and this phrase popped into my head. So I used the Crafters Companion Alphabet stamps to stamp out the sentiment and trace over with brush pens. I cheated a little as I also have the phrase stamps, and so I used the "day" from birthday rather than individual stamps.

I finished with a few sequins and some glossy accents to dot the "i's".

I found it fits nicely with the current Simon Says Wednesday challenge of Summer Sunshine and I just have time to enter too.

Comments

Barb said…
I absolutely know what you mean Lynn. Your card is lovely. A great background and I love the sequins you added. Barbxx
Mac Mable said…
Yes with you on the weather x Such a sunny card, full of colour and great blending. Love the idea of painting over the stamped sentiment x
Nancy said…
Beautiful card, Lynn! We have those days in Canada too! :o)
brenda said…
Absolutely love this vibrant bust of color Lynn.

B x
Anonymous said…
Such a beautiful rainbow card! We've had plenty of rain and thunderstorms lately so sunshine is always appreciated.
Lin said…
Wonderful summery colors, Linby - and I like all the sequins you added, too! Thanks for playing along with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!
This would cheer anyone up on these last few rainy days we have had, a FABULOUS card.
Faith
x
Juls said…
This is gorgeous.. so bright & I love the sequins xx