Wednesday, 30 August 2017

LIM #343 Use a real object

The challenge at Less is More this week is to use a real object. I decided that I wanted to use one of my Julie Nutting doll stamps and some material.I'm in the middle of decorating so everything is a little inaccessible regarding my sewing materials. Then I remembered I had this stick backed fabric I bought (not yet used!). So I used that to paper piece and it was a lot easier than adhering gathered fabric which was my original idea.

I used a promarker to colour the edge of the dress and shaded around with a flex marker. I also die cut a little TL handbag and backed it with some of the fabric too. Finally a little die cut sentiment.

I'm going over to the Snippets playground with this one too as the handbag and sentiment die cut are snippets. In fact the pink was so small a snippet that I wanted to use some for the sentiment too, but there were no more pieces to be had.

Oh and my backdrop this time - I used my curtains which were the easiest thing to hand!

11 comments:

Kathyk said...

Bet you're glad you remembered the fab adhesive backed fabric when making this fabulous card - it ROCKS!

Kathyk

Izzy Scrap said...

Stunning card Linby ! I love how the dress looks with the real fabric, I want the same dress for me (and the same body too !🙂). A beautiful take on our challenge and an elegant CAS card ! Thanks so much for sharing and for playing along at Less is More !

Mac Mable said...

The dress looks full of movement with the stick on fabric and is so perfect x Love your curtain material too! x

Nonni said...

Wow, this is so beautiful! That real fabric really makes the dress look alive and adds so much detail to your CAS design. Great job! Thanks for joining us at Less Is More!

baileyrosy.com said...

Fabulous ! What a beautiful design and the fabric is gorgeous wouldn't mind a dress like that myself.

Marie

Sazzle Dazzle said...

Simply sheer elegance Lin! Absolutely brilliant idea for the challenge and so so neat and CAS. Love it and thanks for joining us at Less is More this week.

Di said...

Fabulous card - that sticky backed fabric is just perfect! Very Cath Kidston :)

Lovely to see you in the Snippets Playground :)

Hugs

Di xx

Neets B said...

That fabric was the perfect choice for this dress, it just belongs there.
Thanks so much for sharing with us at Less is More, Anita x

Daffodil Cards said...

A GORGEOUS card, love the image and I would LOVE to be able to wear a dress like that, a Gorgeous card, (love your curtains too).
Faith
x

Viv said...

Such a clever card, well done ;) Viv xx (Guest Designer)

brenda said...

Very stylish Lynn and very 'you', lovely creation.

B x