Tuesday, 1 August 2017

Mixed Media @ The Male Room

o

My card today uses mainly the new cdrom I got Mix It Up Fabulously - I do really love what you can do with this cdrom. Although the background looks inky - it's actually printed directly from the cdrom - I just recolourized it and the main image. I also took the image into a graphics programme and added the words from the cdrom onto the balloons.

For the mixed media aspect I have added some birds cut from a die, some gesso to the flowers and banners and flags on the balloon. I thought it toned down the flowers - although men like flowers too!

Finally I added some left over waste from the die from this card. So I am also nipping into the Snippets Playground - well I was, just realised that I have already entered!  I also have some more waste I saved - for another card - the die just keeps on giving LOL!

I'm entering this card into the Mixed media challenge at The Male Room.

I've had a great day out today with a friend in Derby. First we went to the Book Cafe for a little cake.


Then to a fabulous Museum I only just found out about. Mr Pickfords House. A beautiful Georgian House.


Where at the moment they happened to have a collection of Vivienne Westwood shoes - so my inner fashionista was satisfied too. I knew the shoes were high - but not this high!
Rounded off by seeing this wonderful quilt made to commemorate the Pentrich Uprising.



3 comments:

Barb said...

Your card is beautiful Lynn. I love the design and the way you've used the die waste looks really good.

It sounds like a very busy day in Derby. I loved seeing your photos. I went on a trip there a couple of weeks ago and we had lunch in the Book Cafe. Barbxx

Daffodil Cards said...

Very clever digi work Lynne, love how you have incorporated it into mixed media, a lesson learned by me LOL. Thank you for playing at The Male Room challenge. Faith DT and me too.

Deborah Frings said...

I do like how you've mixed digital and mixed media here. Love the bold blue colour. Nicely done. So sorry to be so late commenting. Thanks so much for playing along with our Mixed Media challenge at The Male Room, Deborah. DT.

PS Love the photos!