Monday, 4 September 2017

Let's hear it for the boys - CD Sunday challenge

I've been putting off making this card as it's for a 10 year old boy and he is just at the age where he is too old for some things and not old enough for others! So when I saw the challenge at CD Sunday challenge was "Let's Hear it for the Boys" I decided to see what I could find on my cdroms and after some searching this is what I came up with.

I used the Camden Town cdrom from Crafters Companion. I took one of the backing papers into MCS and superimposed over the top the other elements from the cdrom. I used a sharpie pen to edge the design before cutting out and mounting onto my base card. Then I cut out some stars using the Seth Apter die and placed them around the card.

Pleased with how this turned out in the end.

9 comments:

meg said...

love this Lynn, 10 is such a difficult age for a boy card, but you cracked it with this one, thank you for joining in at CD Sunday, Megxx

Pamela said...

A great boys card Linby. I'm sure your Grandson will think he has a very cool Grandmother! I like the addition of the star die cuts - not overly fussy, just right! Thanks for joining in with my theme at CD Sunday.
Pamela
CD Sunday DT.

Margarets designer cards said...

Great boys card, they are hard to make for, I am sure he will think it's fab.
Thank you for joining us,
Margaret
CD Sunday DT

Wynn Walton said...

I agree, however for me boys OF any age are difficult to make for!! You've done a great job Lynn. As Pamela says 'it looks Cool!' He'll love it. Thank you for sharing it with us at CD Sunday Wynn DT

KandA said...

Brilliant card and perfect for a 10 year old boy xx

Carol said...

Hi Lynn. A great card for a 10 year old. Too old for baby stuff and too young for sports cars. Like the others have said he will think you a 'cool' Grandmother.
Thank you for joining us.
Carol xx
CD Sunday DT

Maria Evans said...

Perfect card for a 10 ur old boy, it's fab x

Jocelyn said...

A difficult age to cater for but this is perfect. Thank you for sharing with us.
Jocelyn x
CD Sunday DT

Jane Willis said...

A perfect card for a difficult age - and in a different colour scheme it would work well for a girl too. Thank you for sharing at CD Sundays
Jane