Tuesday, 12 September 2017

Two challenges one card

The inspiration for this card came firstly from The Male Room challenge where they want to see School colours. My school uniform was green with optional white blouse. I have hated anything green to wear every since!


And secondly it came from CD Sunday challenge who want to see CAS cards.

I've used Men -y Happy Returns CD rom from MCS. I had forgotten how many images are on there, for some reason I thought it was just sentiments. This image seemed perfect for both challenges. I added the sentiment background image from the same cdrom and using MCS added the text, re-sized it and printed it out. Then I used a black sharpie to edge the image and a TL die cut for the corners.

13 comments:

brenda said...

That made made smile Lynn as I avoid blues like the plague for the very same reason (the day I left school we went punting on the Cam and my school uniform was ceremonially deposited in the wake of the punt - yes I did have other clothes with me !!). A great masculine card.

B x

Wynn Walton said...

Great simple masculine card Lynn. Perfect for our challenge at CD Sunday. Thank you for playing with us again. Wynn DT

Jane Willis said...

Very stylish and CAS - thanks for sharing at CD Sundays
Jane

Pamela said...

A great CAS card and a great masculine card too. I love your edging with the Sharpie - I made a right mess when I tried it! Thanks for continuing to support the CD Sunday Challenge.
Pamela
CD Sunday DT.

Carol said...

Hi Lynn. A great card. My school uniform was a bottle green tunic with a ghastly cream shirt so I do sympathise. To make it worse we had to wear a panama hat in the Summer.
Thank you for playing with us with your perfect CAS card.
Carol xx
CD Sunday DT

Daffodil Cards said...

A Wonderful card, perfect for the guys, love the story about the green LOL. Thank you for joining us at The Male Room again. Faith DT and with my own hat on too. x

meg said...

thanks for joining in my CAS challenge this week Lynn, great card , love that the text is over the image and that the text is included in the same layer as the image. Meg xx

Andreja L. said...

I like your male card. Such a beautiful work :-))
I am so glad you played along with us at The Male Room. Hugs, Andreja

Jocelyn said...

Lovely card Lynn. I know quite a few golfers that this card would be perfect for.
Jocelyn x
CD Sunday DT

cotnob said...

A super card Lynn, a fabulous masculine design.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Deborah Frings said...

Great masculine card! I love all shades of green (so would have loved your school colours). Thanks so much for playing along with our School Colours challenge at The Male Room. Deborah, DT.

Seafield Jo said...

You've made a great men's card Linby, it's lovely.

Jo x

Margarets designer cards said...

Fabulous male card, so simple and clean
Thank you for joining us
Margaret
CD Sunday DT