Wednesday, 4 October 2017

Close to Nature @ Penny Black & More challenge


A little late with my DT card for Penny Black & More - not sure where the month went but I obviously didn't realise I hadn't got my card scheduled!

Our challenge this month is Close to Nature. I've used Penny Black 30-300 Happy Notes for my card. I began with a piece of card which I used a post it circle for the sun and then dragged colour across the card. Then I stamped over with the image removing the post it and dragged a little of the colour over the white area that was left from the circle.

On my base card I used the other stamps in the set. Then I edged just the top and bottom of my card with a black sharpie before mounting onto the base card.

Our sponsors this month are Penny Black, Crafty Ribbons and Sizzix, so as usual lots of fab prizes to be won.

9 comments:

Tish said...

This is incredible. Absolutely brilliant. Thank you for your ideas.
You said you dragged color across, but this looks like watercoloring.
So, you are saying you just dragged the watercolor across?
Are these dye inks?
Thanks for info.
Tish in South Carolina

julie_woolston said...

Absolutely stunning Lynn, love the bold colours.
Hugs Julie xxx

cotnob said...

A fabulous card Lynn, such a gorgeous background and lovely colours.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Tracy said...

Wow! this is amazing, I absolutely love it. What an inspirational design.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Daffodil Cards said...

GORGEOUS, love how the birds are "off" the colour, a Super card.
Faith
x

Leanne Harris said...

A lovely creation, this could be a late evening sunset or an early morning sun rise - very dramatic with the silhouetted birds and trees. xxx

scrappymo! said...

Beautiful scene. The birds are fab!

Is this watercolour and watercolour paper? I love it...

Ellibelle said...

This is so beautiful, Lynn. I love the sky! Such a fabulous way to use this stamp set! I have it too and not sure I have used it yet, thanks for the fabulous inspiration!

linda said...

wow, such a beautiful and vibrant background on this oh so pretty card! love your new logo on your card too.