Tuesday, 10 October 2017

Hot and spicy fall colours



For my card today I'm using the Turnabout triangle stamp from Concord and ninth. This is one of the new stamps that you "turnabout" - you can see a video for it here.

This was my first attempt at using the stamp and I know I didn't get it quite right, but I was happy with the result and I was also aiming for a bit of a distressed look.

I've only used part of the stamp and then cut out some squares for the rest of the card. My sentiment is from Lil inker and I used my new Go press and foil to put gold foil over the top. Again this was actually a trial piece, but the way bits got missed I thought it added to the distressed feel of the card.

I'm entering this into the Less Is More challenge for Hot and spicy colours #349 and the Uniko challenge for Autumnal/fall colours.

6 comments:

brenda said...

Slowly catching up after holidays so popping in to to see what I've missed as well as the creation on this post with the lovely blend of Autumnal colours.

B x

Mac Mable said...

Love the hot and spicy colours and clever how you've used the triangle stamp. Great layout too x

Izzy Scrap said...

Beautiful card with these hot and spicy colours ! Love also the gold foil over the framed sentiment ! This "turnabout" stamp looks great and you did a fabulous job with it ! Thanks for sharing and for playing along at Less is More and Uniko challenges !

Sazzle Dazzle said...

WOAH! Hot, spicy and eye-popping too Lin! What a wonderful showcase of those colours and a stunning design too. Great to see you playing along at Uniko and Less is More this week. Thanks so much

Nonni said...

Wow, such a cool card! Very unique look with all the triangles -I also love the colors you chose. Thanks for joining us at Less Is More and I hope to see you playing along in our current challenge OLC: Stars!

Daffodil Cards said...

Hot Hot Hot, LOVE it, great design Linby.
Faith
x