Wednesday, 8 November 2017

Blue and Brown @ Allsorts challenge


I just love it when a challenge does exactly that - challenges you. This card would not have turned out the way it did if it weren't for the challenge at Allsorts of Blue and Brown.

I began by embossing a piece of card with a Sheena tree folder. I then rubbed DI vintage photo ink over the trees (I know they look black in the photo, but it was brown ink only!) I then took a sparkle pen and washed royal blue all over the card. I tried to capture the sparkle but you can't really see it  trust me it looks magical!


I knew I wanted to use these animal dies and stamps from Creative expressions and I did sneak a little white ink on the backs of the deers. So far so good, but then I wanted to add snow or silver but it wasn't allowed. So I used same TH card I had  used for the animals and cut the sentiment and frostyville border out - put it against my scene and I thought - wow! I would never have thought that would work so well. 


I really love how this turned out and it will be perfect for my friend who takes photos in the local park of the deer.


7 comments:

Daffodil Cards said...

What a stunning scene you have created Linby, this is Wonderful.
Faith
x

Mac Mable said...

Such a magical card. Love the depth and atmospheric look of your card. Great card for your friend and would love to see this one IRL x

Tracy said...

Fabulous creation, thanks for joining Allsorts challenge, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

brenda said...

It's a really beautiful creation Lynn, many thanks for joining in with our blue and brown colour theme us at Allsorts challenge.

B x

Mervi said...

Stunning card Lynn, totally special.
Thank you for sharing at Allsorts;-))m

Barb said...

A stunning card Lynn. The colour combination looks fantastic. Not one I would have thought to use. It's a great scene too. Barbxx

Ellibelle said...

Absolutely beautiful Lynn! A gorgeous scene with those gorgeous colors. You're one of the top 5 at Allsorts by the way :) Congratulations!