Thursday, 1 March 2018

Quilt snippets


I've used a Spellbinders quilt for these cards. I thought it would be great for using up snippets - it sort of was but it has also been a bit of a learning curve using the die.

The first picture is a CASE of one of the Spellbinders designs which didn't quite go to plan as I began in the wrong place, because I couldn't really see how they had achieved the design. I've cut it down and manged to salvage it.

Before I put the card together I decided to have another go thinking I had the hang of the it now. It doesn't always match up right and I think its because I have used different weights and thickness of card stock.

I thought with a little bit of clever lettering I could make the most of it. I cut a black frame to decide which part of the die layout I should use. Ideally I would have stopped at "hello" but I needed to cover up some of the joins which weren't quite right.


I've been working on this for a few weeks on and off! Miss Di will probably put me straight into detention when she sees what I've done and how long it's taken me. Off to the Snippets Playground if I can get there through the snow.

This was this morning - not cold for a lot of you in other countries I know but in the UK this is COLD!


I think when I use the die again I will just go my own way with it! As the die is all in one you do end up with some bits left over - so more cards will be on their way.

4 comments:

Di said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Viv's Visuals said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
cotnob said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
brenda said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.