Thursday, 31 May 2018
This card is for the current CD Sunday challenge of Beautiful Blooms. I printed this paper a while ago and was originally intending it for a completely different look but came across it yesterday and decided it would work for this theme.
I had printed it twice and so I decided to layer it up with a little spotlight-lighting over one of the blossom edged with the red card. I also added a little clear sparkle pen over the flower to set it apart from the rest of the design.
It took me ages to decide what colour to use for "Happy" - this is a new die from Lawn Fawn and comes in three scripts - I'm just a little unhappy that the Y does not have a cut out at the top - maybe when I use it next I will put one in myself. I decided to be really "happy" I needed to use red and placed the black die cut behind as an offset. Edited to say that the die is to cut out a stamp set and so that is why it is like this - pity as I don't have the stamp set!
The flowers are a SU punch and some JND flower stamens. Then I added a few sequins and used DI peeled paint to edge the pattern piece which was cut using an Old Paper die from Swedish House Crafts.
Of course because it is for CD Sunday I have to say which CD I used - it has taken me an hour or so to find out! When I printed the paper I thought I was going to make the card right away and didn't make a note, as of course I would remember. I've been through a number of cdroms when it hit me that the unlikely MCS Opulent CD Rom could be the one - and it was! So this was back in February - how time flies......