Fixer Upper Wallpaper Tilda by the sea for Swedish House Crafts DT



Hello, I'm here today with my Swedish House Crafts DT post and a little wallpapering project LOL!

I just love this Tilda (she's called Fixer Upper - Wallpaper Tilda & Wallpaper)with her cute dungarees and hair updo so much. I decided not to use the wallpaper sheets that come with her - so I still have those to play with! Instead I decided to use the Maja Life by the Sea papers as I wanted to create a little view out of the window in the room she is wallpapering.


To make the window frame I used one of the  Gummiapan stitches nesting dies. Because these dies do not cut it was perfect for the frame but I did need to cut away inside the frame for the window. I then used two very thin strips of the paper pad to make the cross bar of the frame. I used silver and bronze gilding wax to highlight the frame.


To reach the wallpaper Tilda needed a ladder and I found the perfect one in Suha's shop! It is actually one of my favourite stamps the Gummiapan Film Negative stamp. I just drew in some extra rungs to make it look like a ladder. I also heat embossed it so that it stood out from the backing paper. She shouldn't really be tiptoeing on them like that - so from a health and safety point of view I don't recommend doing that lol!


Have you ever written messages on the wall before you wallpaper for others to find in later years? I have and this reminded me of doing that - so Tilda has written Happy Birthday all over the wall before papering over. To do this she's used the Gummiapan Text Happy Birthday background stamp.


I stamped Tilda several times on different papers from Maja Design - Life by the Sea - 6x6" Pad. I then paper pieced her together using promarkers to colour just her hair, hands and feet. Then I cut around her and used foam pads to place her onto the card.


Finally I used the Gummiapan lineart Happy Birthday stamp. I cut it three times, twice in white and once in blue paper then I layered it up. Each time creating a little shadow by offsetting it.


A last look at Tilda in her little room that I created for her. Thanks for looking today. 

Links to products I used:

Comments

Absolutely WONDERFUL, I love the scene you have made.
Yep! I also have written below wallpaper, I wonder what the new owners thought after we sold it LOL.
Faith
x