Twofer Butterflies


Finally I managed to get around to entering the current Twofer challenge of butterflies with a day to spare!

I had seen a new die that covered the whole card with butterflies - I decided (several weeks ago!) that I could do that look with my Martha Stewart punch. So I set about punching butterflies from my snippets. I didn't think too much about it just punched away. I then set about putting them all over a background and quite frankly it looked awful. Time for a rethink and a need (want) to use this new cover die I got with a recent gift voucher win. I decided the butterflies placed on this made a much better card. I also had this snippet of yellow card - it appears to be the last piece of yellow card I own!!!


For my second card I had already decided I was going to use this sentiment stamp from a set by Christina Griffiths. I stamped it and just added some green with a fine liner around it. I had lots of those butterflies left so I arranged them over the card and added a few sequins.

I used the same die on both cards so I guess that will satisfy the Twofer challenge rules, but I must admit despite Darnell explaining it a few times I am still not sure how much of the card can differ. Obviously if it is two different occasions the sentiment will be different - but do all the other elements have to be exactly the same as some I see this is not the case?

I'm also popping into the snippets playground if anyone there remembers me - as all my butterflies were made without the use of any new pieces of card.

Comments

Di said…
Hi there - wonderful to see you in the Playground. And of course we remember you Lynn! I adore both cards - and am sure you embraced Darnell's challenge perfectly.

Super way to use up snippets. Come back soon!!

Hugs

Di xx
Such wonderful cards, great designs Linby.
Faith
x
Happy Dance said…
You've got the idea, Linby. You've used the same butterfly die on two differently designed cards. The other elements can be what you want; it's only the prompt (in this case; butterflies) which must remain the same on your cards. And you've done well. Your last snippet of yellow really makes your flock? of butterflies shine. And your second card is lovely and CAS. Thanks for joining us at the Twofer Challenge. Bev
Darnell said…
Hi, Linby! As Bev said, you nailed the concept of the challenge perfectly with your two different designs (and two different occasions using the same butterfly punch). If you look at the DT cards, you will always see that the layouts are different for each card and essentially that's what we mean by two different designs ... just exactly different like your two very pretty cards!

I love how your get well card ended up! The cover plate added a ton of interest, giving the butterflies a sunset backdrop! I find it very soothing which is ideal for a get well card! And your second design is simply CASlicious with that sweet sediment and sweet butterflies adorning it in beautiful purple hues with just the right embellies!! Thank you so much for playing in Twofer Card Challenge #5! Hugs, Darnell