Mojito Time at the Beach for Swedish House Crafts DT


Hi, I'm here today with my latest Swedish House Crafts DT make.
It's inspired by my recent holiday at the seaside. Have you tried lolly stick art yet? It's so easy and looks effective too.


Just use ordinary wooden lolly sticks - mine are extra large ones. I used Distress oxides and dragged the pad over the wood in various colours to get the effect. Then glue the edges together and wait until dry to decorate. 

I used the Gummiapan Hen Net Stampworn grid stamp and mini worn ringed star stamp to add interest to the background. The Roxstamps Memories die is just perfect for me to capture the feeling I am after. I used Denim & Friends wood 12x12 paper to cut it out.


Of course you are on holiday, so a little Mojito cocktail is in order! I stamped and cut around the stamped image of Majito by Gummiapan. Using promarkers to colour and then added glossy accents over the top to look like glass.


To make the sign for the beach I used Crafters Companion textured embossing folder wood grain. I used the ink pads to drag over and then cut out the post and sign. The wording and butterflies are cut from Mister Tom's treasure borders paper.  I added a little coloured PVA glue for nails. I added a little sparkle pen to the butterflies too.


I used one of the Laserowe foto cams and again dragged the oxide ink pads over it. Behind it I placed a little clock cut from Mister Tom 6x6 Treasures pocket watches. It may seem a little early for cocktails - but then if you are on holiday..........


The sentiment is from Pion Design - Images of the Past, Legends of the Sea and was just the perfect finishing touch for my lolly stick art. I gently inked it with the same colours I used on the background to co-ordinate it with the rest of the piece.


I really enjoyed making this and I now have a lovely reminder of our holiday too. 

Links to products I used:
Gummiapan Hen Net Stamp
worn grid stamp 
mini worn ringed star stamp
Majito by Gummiapan
Roxstamps Memories die
Denim & Friends wood 12x12 paper
Mister Tom's treasure borders paper
Crafters Companion textured embossing folder wood grain
Laserowe foto cams
Mister Tom 6x6 Treasures pocket watches
Pion Design - Images of the Past, Legends of the Sea

Comments

brenda said…
Lots of lovely dimension and textures Lynn, I'm yet to try out the lolly stick base, buying some lolly sticks would probably be a good place to start.

B x
Mac Mable said…
Amazing mixed media project full of memories, texture, colour and fun elements x
LOVE LOVE LOVE this creative project.
Faith
Daffodil Cards {My Blog}
Ellibelle said…
What a perfect creation for a Summertime theme, Lynn. Loving all the details, so beautifully done and fantastic colors! Thanks so much for joining in at my Crafty Wednesday challenge this month!