Tree


This card is for the current challenge at CAS Watercolour card challenge which is "Trees".

I used some watercolour paints on yupo a while ago and this is some of the off cuts I had. I used a Hobbyart set of stamps and looking at the patterns on the paper thought the placement of the tree looked like it was in a landscape with the sun peeking through. I just did a couple of squiggles with a fine liner to ground the tree.

I used CE black gloss art card cut with Gummiapan stitched nesting rectangles from Swedish House Crafts.

Comments

Mac Mable said…
Yes the watercolour background sure does look like a landscape, with the sun peeking through. Very striking colours and the pop of black looks fabulous with it...Wonderful card x.
Bonnie said…
I've never tried watercolor on Yupo paper but after seeing this, I see that I need to give it a try! Beautiful backgrounds, Linby and perfect for these trees. Thanks so much for sharing this with us at CAS Watercolour!
Loll said…
Your watercoloured background is so beautiful in the greens and blues, Linby. Lovely with the silhouette tree stamp. Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Watercolour!
brenda said…
A great CAS example Lynn and loving the zesty colours.

B x
Marcia Hill said…
I've never tried water colors on Yupo paper either, but I am definitely going to try it after seeing your beautiful results! I love blues and greens together and they are absolutely perfect for a background for your tree silhouette! Lovely card Linby and thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Watercolour!! :0)
Ros Crawford said…
Definitely a landscape! What a unique and lovely card! Thanks so much for playing along at the CAS Watercolour Challenge!