CAS x 2


Another post from me today as I only have today left to enter two CAS challenges. Sorry for the combined post also.

The card above is for the CAS Mix Up Card challenge - metal. I've stamped the sentiment and die cut the elements. I also applied gold embossing powder to the tree die cut. The leaves are cut from TH metal paper and I used alcohol inks over the top including some rose gold. The parts on the tree are actually parts of a larger leaf I tried to cut out, but the embossing was too strong for it and I ended up with just these pieces which I decided to put onto the tree branches. I used a little metallic ink in rose gold and blush on the bottom of the card to ground the tree.

 

My second card is for the CAS Christmas card challenge for birds. I've used a Sue Wilson die set and a sentiment and leaf frond from Phill Martin.


Comments

Liz said…
Two gorgeous CAS cards, Linby. The colours of the leaves on your first card are stunning. A really cute robin on your second card and a lovely CAS design. xx
Bonnie said…
Your metal tree and leaves are elegant, Linby! And I love the pieced robin on the branch with the silver pine cones! Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up and CAS Christmas!
Julia Aston said…
Two lovely designs using metal Linby! The rose gold looks beautiful on your fall metallic leaves and your little bird is so sweet perched on the pine branch with the metallic cones! Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up! xx
both cards are so pretty, I love the metal pine cones and cute robin. Thanks for joining us at CAS Christmas.
Mac Mable said…
Your faux metal tree looks stunning. What a unique and wonderful layout. The alcohol ink colours look fabulous and love the rose colour too. One really special card and love how you’ve incorporated the metal into the CAS mix up challenge. Your Christmas card is adorable and perfectly CAS....love it x
Loll said…
Great work with your metal tree and leaves Linby. Beautifully done ... the colours on those leaves are so pretty! And I love your sweet little bird on a branch. It pops against all the glorious white space. The metal embossed pine cones add some shine. Great designs! Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up and CAS Christmas!
Jo said…
Wow, that tree with the metallic leaves is a stunner. That rose gold really give depth and dimension to each foliage. The sentiment is perfect for this airy square card. Thanks so much for joining us at CAS Mix Up! xx