Birds in the trees


The current challenge on CAS Mix up is Embossing folder. I decided to use this tree embossing folder with centura pearl with a touch of silver card. Then I took a TH distress crayon in silver and smudged it over the bark. Stamped the greeting and die cut out.

Finally I added the cardinals.  We don't get these birds in England but they add a lovely pop of colour to an almost white card that I couldn't resist adding them as my choice of  die cut.


I did a second version on a shorter card and with a different sentiment.

Comments

Loll said…
Two lovely cards Linby! The birch trees look amazing with the pearl shine and silver touches. I agree, that pop of red really brights the cards. Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up!
Mac Mable said…
Great use of that wonderful embossing folder on both of your cards. Love the silver from the crayon and the pop of red from the cardinal looks faublous. Thank you for adding your wonderful CAS card to the CAS Mix Up Challenge x.
Mrs A. said…
Beautiful design and the cardinal do just finish the card perfectly. I wish we had these pretty birds in the UK. Hugs Mrs A.
Liz said…
Two super cards, Linby. I love the embossed trees with the pop of red, wouldn't it be lovely if we had cardinals in the UK. xx
Both are Beautiful, love the silver over the trunks.
Faith
x
Bonnie said…
I love how you've added the silver to the trees and the pop of the red cardinal! I love tall skinny cards and this reminds me that I need to do more of them. This design is just as lovely on the A2 card! Thanks so much, Linby, for sharing this with us at CAS Mix Up!